Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jehovah Witnesses came to my door today.

Featured Replies

With only 144,000 allowed in Heaven, wouldn't you keep that a HUGE secret to better your chances?

 

That's funny.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JW do not believe Jesus was the Son of God. This is not debatable with them. They believe Jesus was a man, but not the God - Man. In other words, He was not Divinity. He was not Emmanuel, God with us. THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM!

 

If Jesus was not God in the flesh, (as they say He is not) and he was just another man, then He could not have been the "spotless" Lamb of God. He could not have been a holy, perfect and worthy sacrifice for sins. As "just another man" he would have been in sin, born under the original sin of Adam, and therefore considered powerless to atone for the sin of mankind. This all means then that Christ's sacrifice for our sin was insufficient and we are still without hope for atonement and forgiveness.

There is no "God made Him who knew NO SIN, to become sin, that we could be made the righteousness of God, in Him." There is no just and righteous dealing of sin and therefore no thorough provision for our sin problem. We would be lost and hopeless without a Savior.

 

And one last thought is this....1 John 2:22 "Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son."

 

This nails it! JW firmly deny that Jesus was the prophesied Christ, the Messiah, the Holy Annointed One, the God in the flesh Savior. Like I said, big problem.

JW do not believe Jesus was the Son of God. This is not debatable with them. They believe Jesus was a man, but not the God - Man. In other words, He was not Divinity. He was not Emmanuel, God with us. THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM!

 

If Jesus was not God in the flesh, (as they say He is not) and he was just another man, then He could not have been the "spotless" Lamb of God. He could not have been a holy, perfect and worthy sacrifice for sins. As "just another man" he would have been in sin, born under the original sin of Adam, and therefore considered powerless to atone for the sin of mankind. This all means then that Christ's sacrifice for our sin was insufficient and we are still without hope for atonement and forgiveness.

There is no "God made Him who knew NO SIN, to become sin, that we could be made the righteousness of God, in Him." There is no just and righteous dealing of sin and therefore no thorough provision for our sin problem. We would be lost and hopeless without a Savior.

 

And one last thought is this....1 John 2:22 "Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son."

 

This nails it! JW firmly deny that Jesus was the prophesied Christ, the Messiah, the Holy Annointed One, the God in the flesh Savior. Like I said, big problem.

We'll call them a cultisect.

At what point does a cult or a sect evolve into what we'd call a religion?

At what point does a cult or a sect evolve into what we'd call a religion?

No clue. But these folks have plenty of church buildings out there.

At what point does a cult or a sect evolve into what we'd call a religion?
After the festival.
We'll call them a cultisect.
:cool:

 

 

Although I prefer secticult.

I don't like it when any stranger comes to my door. I don't care what they are promoting or professing. With respect to Mormons or Jehovah's Witness, or any other religion that comes to my door, I think they are just like any salesman. Their numbers are down and they need to meet their quota.

You can say kudos to them for their evangelization that many of us do not do. For sure! Kudos and great effiort! But I firmly believe that good works and volunteerism trump the door to door salesman.

^very well put hoops.

And they reference scripture in Jeremiah as justification to forbid the celebration of Christmas for fear of worshiping the tree. Don't celebrate birthdays. It's a cult.

 

Why does this make it a cult? Would you consider other religions that ban celebrations of certain things or require the celebration of certain things a cult?

^very well put hoops.

Thank you, Habib. I'm a thin skinned poster. I wrote that several times before I hit "post quick reply". I worried about what other BGP posters would think (clearly a stupid plan). At the end of the day, I kept going back to, "I hate the door to door stuff".

With only 144,000 allowed in Heaven, wouldn't you keep that a HUGE secret to better your chances?

 

:lol:

Why does this make it a cult? Would you consider other religions that ban celebrations of certain things or require the celebration of certain things a cult?

Seems to me that it falls under the definition I posted earlier. No I wouldn't consider them cults unless they fall under the same definition. Would you?

At what point does a cult or a sect evolve into what we'd call a religion?

 

I was watching a documentary about Wayne Bent on the National Geographic channel the other night and their definition of a cult was something like this - a group of people who follow a leader or a belief system that is outside accepted society norms. That's a paraphrase from memory, but that was the idea.

 

It doesn't answer your question, but I think we could ask at what point does society accept it as "normal". I definitely think size would have an impact. How many people need to follow a religion for it to not be a "cult"? But, I don't think size is the end all. I think a belief could possibly be deemed normal without having X amount of followers.:idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.