Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jehovah Witnesses came to my door today.

Featured Replies

Bible states to treat false prophets with disdain . My pastor kicks them off his property as nicely as can be done .

  • Replies 94
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...........

 

When I toured the Mormon facilities in Salt Lake City, I found them (the young missions walking the property to talk to tourists and the older widow who was tour guide) to be incredibly friendly, patient with all of the questions (some ridiculous) they received, and very open to hearing how our beliefs / thoughts differed from theirs. When they asked for my address so they could "follow up with me", and I politely declined, they didn't get upset or even ask again. She just replied, "I understand, don't mind that I asked".

 

Their Conference Center (LDS Conference Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is the most impressive building I've ever been in. Keep in mind I've been to the Roman Colosseum and the Parthenon in Athens. It is simply breath taking. You can't tell from those pictures, but the roof is a park with grass, trees, and amazing views of Salt Lake City. If you're ever in SLC, I'd recommend looking around.

 

I have found the more I learn about other faiths, the more I learn about my own.

Their Conference Center is the most impressive building I've ever been in. Keep in mind I've been to the Roman Colosseum and the Parthenon in Athens.

Well, in all fairness, the Conference Center has been kept up a lot better. :cool:
Do you really think the rate of acceptance is that high? I'm guessing one or two a week would be a win for them? Can't see many people who have lived under a certain belief for their entire lives get convinced in an hour visit with a pamphlet that they should become a JW.

 

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt :)

 

However, just pointing out that I don't think they get burnt out when one or two homes blow them off, they (all missionaries, not just JWs) just keep going.

Bible states to treat false prophets with disdain . My pastor kicks them off his property as nicely as can be done .

 

Just out of curiosity, does he hear them out at all first?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.