Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montrez Harrell Picks UL

Featured Replies

6-6 power forwards are all the rage in the NBA these days... :lol:

 

Wow

 

UL told Harrell he would only be behind Chane for one year before he declared for the drafy...:lol:

 

For some reason I feel like he was contemplating leaving for the draft this year. Am I making that up?

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason I feel like he was contemplating leaving for the draft this year. Am I making that up?

 

I thought I heard similar rumblings myself. Sounds like he better get a whole lot better or suffer from the Roderick Rhodes Experience™.

6-6 power forwards are all the rage in the NBA these days... :lol:

 

And can't shoot a jumper.

 

Other than Barkley (who was one of the best rebounders of all time), Chuck Hayes (who stayed 4 years in school and has had minimal success at best with a much better lower core for rebounding), and a couple of others, few have made it. Unless Behanan develops a lethal jumper he will never make it in the league as a 4, he will get destroyed.

 

The only thing I think that could work in Behanan's favor is how weak the 2013 draft is going to be--or at least how weak I think it's going to be. And it could be even weaker than I think if a two-year rule is instituted & guys like Shabazz & Nerlens (the top two picks) are forced to stay for two years. Other than that, I just don't see how Behanan could leave early.

 

I think dolamite's comparison of Chuck Hayes is appropriate--and one that I've made concerning Behanan. Yes, the lower core is better in Hayes' case, but with four years of experience & learning how to overcome his size deficiencies, Behanan could duplicate the kind of career Hayes has had in the NBA.

 

But after two years? I just don't see how it's possible, unless the draft class is so horrible that there are no other options.

For some reason I feel like he was contemplating leaving for the draft this year. Am I making that up?

 

I'm not sure on that. I know Siva was thinking about it, but I don't remember hearing anything about Behanan. I think I would've remembered that too, because I'd have laughed at the notion. :lol:

 

I thought I heard similar rumblings myself. Sounds like he better get a whole lot better or suffer from the Roderick Rhodes Experience™.

 

:laugh:

Now who decides to "leave" UL? Good addition for the Cards.

 

Buckles is gone...

 

I have heard that Terry Rozier won't qualify....meaning there would still be another opening....Dorian-Finney Smith?

Other than Barkley (who was one of the best rebounders of all time), Chuck Hayes (who stayed 4 years in school and has had minimal success at best with a much better lower core for rebounding), and a couple of others, few have made it. Unless Behanan develops a lethal jumper he will never make it in the league as a 4, he will get destroyed.
This. Hayes is an exception to the rule and about as good as it gets for an extremely undersized 4. He will not get destroyed because he will not see minutes. I hope he proves me wrong.
I have heard that Terry Rozier won't qualify....meaning there would still be another opening....Dorian-Finney Smith?

Possibly...

Would the coach mentioned in the original post be the same A.W. Hamilton from Scott Co.?

Would the coach mentioned in the original post be the same A.W. Hamilton from Scott Co.?

 

That's him.

Van Treese is transferring now... Gotta make room for all these guys.

Van Treese is transferring now... Gotta make room for all these guys.

 

From John Clay's column:

 

■ In his book Lead to Succeed, Rick Pitino lists the 10 traits of great leadership. No. 4 is "Act with Integrity."

 

This is the same Pitino who last week booted holdover Stephan Van Treese from the Louisville roster to open a spot for freshman Montrezl Harrell.

 

Read more here: John Clay's notes: Throwing the book at Rick Pitino | Louisville Cardinals | Kentucky.com

Van Treese wasn't going to play anyway.. Why not suggest he go somewhere that he would actually be used. Same with Buck. Love the kid, but he's been hurt, and honestly I don't think he's worth tying up a scholly for two more years, if that were to be the case.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.