Obama says YES to same sex marriage

On thursday morning on Good Morning America the Prez does an interview with Robin Roberts. I saw it on Yahoo and I guess he was asked about Same Sex Marriage and he told her he was for Civil Unions but now he said now believe its time for me to come and say I am for same sex marriage.

In reading the article he said he discussed this with his staff, family, and Gays. In the past he always kinda avoided the question, but now has came out said "I'm for it".

My feelings are if two people want to have the benefits of a married couple I have no issue, but the marriage or use of this word goes against God, so I differ with the President

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On thursday morning on Good Morning America the Prez does an interview with Robin Roberts. I saw it on Yahoo and I guess he was asked about Same Sex Marriage and he told her he was for Civil Unions but now he said now believe its time for me to come and say I am for same sex marriage.

In reading the article he said he discussed this with his staff, family, and Gays. In the past he always kinda avoided the question, but now has came out said "I'm for it".

My feelings are if two people want to have the benefits of a married couple I have no issue, but the marriage or use of this word goes against God, so I differ with the President

I understand what you are saying. Here is my take and I am always acused of sitting on the fence. But....

Whom am I to judge? I feel the same on the abortion issue. God gave us "Free Will" and shall be judge for those actions.

Now I am not one without sin. I sin daily. So I think it isnt the Govt role to monitor sin.

Wonder how his preacher feels, I mean Rev. Wright preaches hate, does he love sin or go by the bible and see it as an abomination. Was Pres. Obama also just so happen missed that day on homosexuality in the sermon.

Presidential Race is closer than many thought it could be.....so Obama flip flops....

With the help of his wife, she apparently had say in it also. Wonder what else she has say so in. Maybe she pulled the trigger on OBL. I guess he and she will go against what the church teaches for 4 more years. They are Christians aren't they?

With the help of his wife, she apparently had say in it also. Wonder what else she has say so in. Maybe she pulled the trigger on OBL. I guess he and she will go against what the church teaches for 4 more years. They are Christians aren't they?

My Church doesn't teach that. Don't assume every christian everywhere believes the same as you. There are many churches that are open and accepting of gays and celebrate with them when they can make their relationships whole.

I

I agree with this statement also.

I also want to say to you, Larry, that I have read many BGP threads where you discuss your beliefs. This is a tough crowd, and you take a lot of heat here. You rarely get ruffled by other posters. You just calmly share your differences of opinion.

All too often I get a vibe of Alabama Larry disrespect from other BGP posters and I get tired of it.