Obama says YES to same sex marriage

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Christians that are taught to love one another and to not judge others. What kind of Christian are you?

I'm the type of Christian who believes the bible.

Leviticus 18:22 (KJV)Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Larry, why do you capitalize the "g" in "gays?"

If I use the word as describing a group of people I'll do that. It aslo is a form of respect to them. Someone on here got on me because I always wrote "vols" and nd" (Norte Dame). This was because I had no respect for them. I since now try not to do it that way.

I understand what you are saying. Here is my take and I am always acused of sitting on the fence. But....

Whom am I to judge? I feel the same on the abortion issue. God gave us "Free Will" and shall be judge for those actions.

Now I am not one without sin. I sin daily. So I think it isnt the Govt role to monitor sin.

Coach, I understand, but with me its the word "Marriage" when they use it where they are wrong.

I'm the type of Christian who believes the bible.

Leviticus 18:22 (KJV)Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Then you should believe that he who is without sin casts the first stone and that thou shall not covet thy neighbor's goods.

I agree papa, good for the President and for everyone that it benefits.

If we are all equal then our government needs to treat us all equal.

I don't mind being equal and gays getting benefitys fior their special person, but don't call it a "Marriage" thats not gonna fit.

President Obama said Marriage. He will lose the Christian vote.

My Church doesn't teach that. Don't assume every christian everywhere believes the same as you. There are many churches that are open and accepting of gays and celebrate with them when they can make their relationships whole.

The world is full of false religions. A church should let a Gay person in it, and then try to convince them to repent and change their Sinful life...God doesn't change, man does.

I don't mind being equal and gays getting benefitys fior their special person, but don't call it a "Marriage" thats not gonna fit.

President Obama said Marriage. He will lose the Christian vote.

I don't think he Christian vote will matter if he can convince people he is better for the economy than Romney.

The world is full of false religions. A church should let a Gay person in it, and then try to convince them to repent and change their Sinful life...God doesn't change, man does.

And therein lies my problem with religion. Everyone believes their religion is the correct one because of their faith. Everybody can't be right.

Edited by PurplePride92

I

I agree with this statement also.

I also want to say to you, Larry, that I have read many BGP threads where you discuss your beliefs. This is a tough crowd, and you take a lot of heat here. You rarely get ruffled by other posters. You just calmly share your differences of opinion.

All too often I get a vibe of Alabama Larry disrespect from other BGP posters and I get tired of it.

A very nice post. But its OK, I have debated religion issues for over 12 years and I try to let the Bible do the talking, it doesn't change, and who trieds to change it?

These people who want to just argue with me or put me in a bad light I pray for them and care for them, they are really good people who love the site, and who knows they might read a verse that someone puts on here and they could have a life changing moment. I want to go to Heaven and take as many folks as I can.

But I/or cannot anyone can Save them, Its simply Jesus and a relationship that they have to ask for.

:lol: :lol:

So all along Larry has thought this is an issue of whether or not Tyson Gay should be allowed to get married?

Mama's middle name is Gay...She is married and sometimes happily. Well, let me ask her, too late she gone. ZZZZZZZ

If I use the word as describing a group of people I'll do that. It aslo is a form of respect to them. Someone on here got on me because I always wrote "vols" and nd" (Norte Dame). This was because I had no respect for them. I since now try not to do it that way.

I do the same if I am ever describing groups. I capitalize Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asian.

I don't now if that is correct English or not. But if my kid asks me to proof a paper and group words are in it, I tell them to use caps.

And therein lies my problem with religion. Everyone believe their religion is the correct one because of their faith. Everybody can't be right.

I got verses that are so very clear about the Sin, and also a union between a man and a woman. Has nothing to do with our Faith, its Black and White and Red. So your comment "Everybody can't be right" is so true. Let the Bible speak, and we need to listen.

I don't think he Christian vote will matter if he can convince people he is better for the economy than Romney.
I have been a Democrat all my life and you have no idea the debates I have had in Church, believe me Obama might win, but the Christian vote is gone.