Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Cubs Series 4/20 - 4/22

Featured Replies

Good time to be picked off Stubbs!

  • Replies 209
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Okay look at the career stats of Ludwick and Heisey and you'll see that Ludwick has played twice as many games in RF as he has in LF and Heisey 3 times as many games in LF as he has in RF. Unless Dusty told you this morning on your daily conference call that Ludwick has a sore arm then I wonder why they are where they are.

 

Who cares about career stats. Heisey has played more games in LF because Bruce is in RF. Heisey has a better arm than Ludwick. It's not that hard to figure out.

Who cares about career stats. Heisey has played more games in LF because Bruce is in RF. Heisey has a better arm than Ludwick. It's not that hard to figure out.

 

Okay I see that you want to argue today so I'm game. Where did you get your better arm information? Ludwick has been a right fielder for most of his career and he has 38 career assists playing the outfield. Unless his arm is no longer what it used to be I think he has a pretty good arm.

Stop the presses, Scott Rolen just got a base hit.

 

Okay I see that you want to argue today so I'm game. Where did you get your better arm information? Ludwick has been a right fielder for most of his career and he has 38 career assists playing the outfield. Unless his arm is no longer what it used to be I think he has a pretty good arm.

 

Heisey has a better arm. RF is harder to play than LF. Why do you think the weakest OF is usually in LF. Dunn, Gomes, instead of Bruce. Foster instead of Griffey Sr. Daniels instead of O'Neil. Need I go on?

What are you talking about here? I replied to Dmd on Stubbs doing a good job in the 2 hole.

 

 

Sorry. I should have been more clear. I was trying to roll two posts by you into one.

 

1. Replacing who was referring to your post about getting Chapman into the rotation. I was asking who you thought he should replace.

 

2. My second comment was in reference to your post about what does Dusty do to get Rolen hitting because you can't bat everyone in front of Votto.

 

Those posts by you led me to want to hear what you thought the pitching lineup and batting order should look like.

Reds can't get the big hit today.

 

Yeah, you're just not going to win many games getting 6 hits.

Okay I see that you want to argue today so I'm game. Where did you get your better arm information? Ludwick has been a right fielder for most of his career and he has 38 career assists playing the outfield. Unless his arm is no longer what it used to be I think he has a pretty good arm.
I'll make this easy for everyone. The weakest outfielder typically plays LF because the runners run counterclockwise. In other words, all the throws with the exception of the throw to the plate are coming towards him. The RF has just the opposite. Simple geometry. When they change the rule to run to third when you put the ball in play, I'm sure there will be a wave of cruddy RFers .

^ All other things being equal, the outfielder with the weaker arm goes to left field. RF to 3rd is a much longer throw than LF to 3rd.thumb[1].gif

Soriano doesn't play LF cause of his fielding abilities :lol: It's not pony league where the worst player gets stuck in RF league due to lack of LH hitters...

Manny Ramirez. 'Nuff said.

 

Today marks 10% of the season gone. Is this a .400 team? Or do we think they are better than that?

Cozart 6

Stubbs 8

Votto 3

Ludwick 7

Bruce 9

Rolen 5

Harris 4

Hanigan 2

Cueto 1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.