Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where do they rank?

Featured Replies

I think the Florida 06-07/UK12 would be a great debate. I tend to lean towards Floidda simply because it is so hard to repeat but I could be swayed and would love to rank UK12 higher than Florida. Just giving extra credit for winning and repeating is the only reason I have them higher.

 

With Noah & Davis guarding each other, I'm not sure either of them would be able to get a shot off.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Florida winning back to back is special. However they lost 6 games in '06 and 5 games in '07 and it's hard for me to justify them in a top 5 ranking. To me, the best of all time should only drop 3 at the most. Just my take.

 

That's a great point.

I think the Florida 06-07/UK12 would be a great debate. I tend to lean towards Floidda simply because it is so hard to repeat but I could be swayed and would love to rank UK12 higher than Florida. Just giving extra credit for winning and repeating is the only reason I have them higher.

 

Horford, Green, Brewer, Humphrey, Noah, Hodge.

 

UK: Davis, MKG, Jones, Lamb, Teague, Miller

With Noah & Davis guarding each other, I'm not sure either of them would be able to get a shot off.

 

That would have been so much fun to watch. In a couple of years it should be fun to watch in the NBA.

There was an article the other day that had many teams ranked ahead of this one. The guy's reason was the senior dominated teams of the past would beat this team. One he mentioned was that he felt Georgetown's team with a senior Ewing would have no problem with Davis and Co. I'll see if I can find it.

You have to include the 1991 Duke team that beat the best college basketball I have ever seen in my 37 years of life....1991 UNLV.

 

Well you could take Duke 92' off my list and switch it with them, basically the same teams in my eyes. Could really care less about them, lucky they are even on my lists, just trying to keep some sort of unbias. :lol:

Okay....

 

MKG>McCarty

 

Miller=Mercer

 

I still feel 2012 is better than 1996.

 

I have been told the 1996 celebration was better than the 2012 celebration though. And that's from people who were at both. :lol:

To be fair, those people have aged 16 years since then. Probably not as good as they once were...:D
To be fair, those people have aged 16 years since then. Probably not as good as they once were...:D

 

:lol:

 

You'd be surprised. Some folks are like wine......

For my money, the 96 squad is the best team I've seen at the collegiate level in my lifetime.

 

I agree and I watched the 90 and 91 UNLV

How is 1991 Duke on this list? I can live with '92 but 1991 Duke lost seven games and wasn't even a #1 seed. Beating UNLV doesn't automatically put you on this list.

Great debate and been a good read. My gut tells me '96 UK would beat '12 UK, but PP has made me consider HOW MUCH of a game changer Davis really is. I love the early 90's UNLV teams and '92 Duke are in my top 5 as well. Maybe i'm forgetting it, but I considered '05 UNC better than '09. I try to not be biased (hate UNC more than anyone), but I just don't have a lot of love for '06 and '07 Florida. Maybe it is just me. Repeating is so tough, I get it, but I just think they hit at the right time. Great teams, but not in my top 5. '07 may be pushing it though.

  • Author

I think that 1991 Vegas team is just ahead of UK's 1996 team.

How is 1991 Duke on this list? I can live with '92 but 1991 Duke lost seven games and wasn't even a #1 seed. Beating UNLV doesn't automatically put you on this list.

 

Beating a team that very possibly would have been considered the best of all time doesn't count for anything? And then proceeding to go on and win the title doesn't count for anything? I understand the point with the 7 losses but for me defeating 1991 UNLV grants you an exception to the rule.

Beating a team that very possibly would have been considered the best of all time doesn't count for anything? And then proceeding to go on and win the title doesn't count for anything? I understand the point with the 7 losses but for me defeating 1991 UNLV grants you an exception to the rule.

 

To me, the '92 Team is one of the best but '91 got "hot" at the right moment and were fortunate that they played a Kansas team rather than the UNC squad in the Final.

 

1991 NCAA

102-73 Northeast Louisiana (15)

85-70 Iowa (7)

81-67 UConn (11)

78-61 St Johns (4)

79-77 UNLV (1)

72-65 Kansas (3)

 

Didn't UNC throttle the Devils in the ACC final 96-74?

 

I just think it's hard to place a team with more than 3 losses in an all-time list. Even if they roll through the NCAA tourney. The whole body of work has to count for something when measuring teams. :thumb:

 

I might add if the bolded were criteria then the '75 KY squad has to be in the discussion with their win over IU who was every bit as unbelievable in their run than UNLV was.

I think that 1991 Vegas team is just ahead of UK's 1996 team.

 

I can see 1990, but in my mind, a team has to win the title to be considered among the greats.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.