Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where do they rank?

Featured Replies

As far as let's say the "ESPN era" goes, where is this team all time?

  • Replies 108
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question.

 

Teams I'd take before them...

 

 

UNLV 90 & 91

Duke 91, 92 & 01

Florida 04 & 05(are these the right years?).

 

That's probably it as for teams I would take before this team so I'd take UK 12 over...

 

Fab Five 92 & 93

UK 96, 97, 98, 10 & 11

All the good Arkansas teams

UNC 93, and the Roy's 2 champs

All of the UConn and Michigan State champs

Duke 99 and 10

 

I do think all of these games would be great matchups and these are strictly my opinion.

I would not take 12 over 96. The 96 team was loaded and deep.

  • Author

Florida was 2006 and 2007. I agree on the UNLV and Duke teams. Those were the elite of the elite. It's these 2 FL teams I'm debating. I can't decide which to take.

Good question.

 

Florida 04 & 05(are these the right years?).

 

 

2006 & 2007; 2004 was that dreadful Connecticut/Ga Tech final and 2005 was UNC over Illinois.

I would not take 12 over 96. The 96 team was loaded and deep.

 

Teague> Epps

Delk>Lamb

MKG>Mercer

Jones=Walker(due to the fact that Walker was allergic to defense)

and the deal breaker for me............

 

Davis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pope

 

And who is coming off the bench for 96?

 

Davis and Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prickett

Miller>>>>>>>>>than the guys I can't remember coming off of the bench.

 

That's all I am saying.

The 96 team was a great team but I think people get lost in the fact that it had a bunch of pro players on the team which boosts its prestige but when you break down the matchups in college career aspect I think 2012 has the nod even with 96's deep bench. Jared Prickett, Scott Padgett and Jeff Sheppard wouldn't hurt this 2012 team, IMO.

2006 & 2007; 2004 was that dreadful Connecticut/Ga Tech final and 2005 was UNC over Illinois.

 

:lol:

 

That is dreadful. I didn't even remember it was UConn/GaTech. Was Bosh on that team?

Good question.

 

Teams I'd take before them...

 

 

UNLV 90 & 91

Duke 91, 92 & 01

Florida 04 & 05(are these the right years?).

 

That's probably it as for teams I would take before this team so I'd take UK 12 over...

 

Fab Five 92 & 93

UK 96, 97, 98, 10 & 11

All the good Arkansas teams

UNC 93, and the Roy's 2 champs

All of the UConn and Michigan State champs

Duke 99 and 10

 

I do think all of these games would be great matchups and these are strictly my opinion.

 

You take 7 teams ahead of 96 UK? I dismiss anything else in the post based on that. Especially with the 3 Duke teams homer pick.

Teague> Epps

Delk>Lamb

MKG>Mercer

Jones=Walker(due to the fact that Walker was allergic to defense)

and the deal breaker for me............

 

Davis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pope

 

And who is coming off the bench for 96?

 

Davis and Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prickett

Miller>>>>>>>>>than the guys I can't remember coming off of the bench.

 

That's all I am saying.

 

Walter McCarty was a starter on that team, Mercer was off the bench if I'm not mistaken...

  • Author
:lol:

 

That is dreadful. I didn't even remember it was UConn/GaTech. Was Bosh on that team?

 

No. Will Bynum, Jarret Jack, BJ Elder...

You take 7 teams ahead of 96 UK? I dismiss anything else in the post based on that. Especially with the 3 Duke teams homer pick.

 

I'm not ranking the 96 team. I ranked the 2012 team. I didn't put anything in ranks.

 

 

The 01 Duke team is the only questionble homer pick I made, IMO, because that is probably my all time favorite team. With an open minded individual I think I could make a great case for the Duke 01 team to be better than UK 12 but seeing as how you can't acknowledge 91 and 92 Duke teams I know you aren't that person. :lol:

Walter McCarty was a starter on that team, Mercer was off the bench if I'm not mistaken...

 

Okay....

 

MKG>McCarty

 

Miller=Mercer

 

I still feel 2012 is better than 1996.

 

I have been told the 1996 celebration was better than the 2012 celebration though. And that's from people who were at both. :lol:

No. Will Bynum, Jarret Jack, BJ Elder...

 

Don't forget the Giant Ginger from Down Under, Luke Schenscher.

Top 5

 

1996 UK

1990 UNLV

Fab Five

Duke 1992

 

 

 

 

This group should fit in somewhere with those. I realize Fab Five didn't win one but was a team that changed basketball. For the purists who say you have to win one to be considered then maybe replace them with another Duke team from the era (2001?)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.