Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Fray--Title Game National Anthem

Featured Replies

Not sure if this belongs here, but it seemed to get lost in the glory of the Cat's victory; and I really felt the need to comment. Other than Roseanne's absurd rendition, this might have been the worst I've ever witnessed. Pathetic and disrespectful IMO. The NCAA should be highly embarrassed and ashamed!! Thoughts??

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sure won't have to worry about me buying thier CD because of it. I believe the NCAA got an earful about how bad it was.

Horrible...as soon as the guitar started I knew it was going to go a bad route. It also sounded like he missed a few notes. I'm not guitar playing expert though.

We muted it at the watching party I was at. I was appalled at how bad it was.

Pathetic and disrespectful IMO.

 

How was it disrespectful?

Horrible...as soon as the guitar started I knew it was going to go a bad route. It also sounded like he missed a few notes. I'm not guitar playing expert though.

 

He missed more than a few. I'm not sure he was even in the right key. I like trying to put a unique spin on the song, but man, you've got to pull it off.

 

They should just play Marvin Gaye's rendition before every event and be done with it. No one is going to top that one.

  • Author
How was it disrespectful?

 

Having heard some very bad & very good versions of the Anthem at multiple events over the years, and actually having listened to some of their music in the past; I'm pretty sure they're not actually that bad first of all. Secondly, I guess I'm old school enough to feel that this song is a symbol of our country, and while versions may vary; they should be performed within the basic guidelines of the original. I've heard some very poor singers perform this song before, but at least they were performed with sincerity. This almost seemed intensionally bad, and was somewhat unrecognizable?? Again just my opinion, and you don't have to agree--Maybe you liked this version??

Kinda surprised the Marines holding the flag didn't beat them with the guitar.

 

Totally joking... When it started I thought "Thats a different way to begin the anthem", but then it kept going. I'm a purist when it comes to this. I've heard local people do a far better job than most professionals do anyway.

Having heard some very bad & very good versions of the Anthem at multiple events over the years, and actually having listened to some of their music in the past; I'm pretty sure they're not actually that bad first of all. Secondly, I guess I'm old school enough to feel that this song is a symbol of our country, and while versions may vary; they should be performed within the basic guidelines of the original. I've heard some very poor singers perform this song before, but at least they were performed with sincerity. This almost seemed intensionally bad, and was somewhat unrecognizable?? Again just my opinion, and you don't have to agree--Maybe you liked this version??

 

Zero chance it was "intentionally bad." The guitar player said his fingers "froze."

 

Marvin Gaye's version is considered to be "great" yet it was far more outside of "basic guidelines" than this one.

 

You don't have to like it but that doesn't automatically mean it was disrespectful.

Worst thing I've ever listened to. I posted about this on my site earlier today. It was just absolutely terrible, IMO.

They took a risk, a big risk... and it bombed. When you take a risk on a tradition as strong as the National Anthem, it better be good or it can easily fall into the disrespectful category.

Not a fan of this one, but Saturday's performance by Monica was one of the best I have ever heard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.