The Fray--Title Game National Anthem

StickerMann

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not disrespectful and it didn't suck. But this isn't American Idol where you take liberties to "change it up". It's THE NATIONAL ANTHEM and it should be sang the way it's written.

:thumb:

I still go back to that video posted a while back of hte autistic boy who sang it at a baseball game, started to struggle, and the entire crowd joined in.

I think that our National Anthem singer/performer should be like the Cantor at Mass, where they start it out and signal/encourage the entire audience to join in. Just my opinion.

Not disrespectful and it didn't suck. But this isn't American Idol where you take liberties to "change it up". It's THE NATIONAL ANTHEM and it should be sang the way it's written.

It was written as a poem and ultimately went with the beat of an old English tune in the late 1800s; so I am not sure how it is supposed to have been written - since it was not lyrically created in its inception - really determining how it is to be heard.

It was written as a poem and ultimately went with the beat of an old English tune in the late 1800s; so I am not sure how it is supposed to have been written - since it was not lyrically created in its inception - really determining how it is to be heard.

I wasn't trying to get legalistic but if you ask most Americans what the National Anthem sounds like it won't be read as a poem or the way it was performed by The Fray.

By the way, is there any truth to the rumors that Al Qaeda is claiming responsiblity for this performance?:D

I am part of the 1% that liked it. That is a shock because The Fray irritate me to end. If I hear that "How to Save a Life" lyrics I nearly vomit every time. When they announced who it was I went in to it with a bad feeling.

The singing wasn't that bad, it was the drums and other stuff.

I'm usually old school critical of stuff like this but to be honest I didn't think it was that bad. The singing was fine but the guitarist was way off. Had he been "on" I think it would have been pretty good. We all have heard WAY worse than this rendition.