Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNC Trio To The NBA

Featured Replies

They also have one of the top recruiting classes too, right?

 

Yeah, but overall I think it is a little over-hyped in terms of year 1 impact. They do add Yogi Ferrell at the point which should give them an instant boost in moving Hulls off the ball some and not losing anything when he goes to the bench. That alone will make them stronger if Zeller and Watford return...

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No chance an almost fully intact IU team could beat a totally different UK team next year in Rupp? I'll store that one away for a later date...

 

That's correct. Go ahead and save it. You can remember to bring it up next winter when Kentucky again goes undefeated in Rupp. :D

Yeah, but overall I think it is a little over-hyped in terms of year 1 impact. They do add Yogi Ferrell at the point which should give them an instant boost in moving Hulls off the ball some and not losing anything when he goes to the bench. That alone will make them stronger if Zeller and Watford return...

 

I was pretty impressed with Ferrell and think he will definitely help the Hoosiers next year.

I sure do wish our old pal LogMountainBoy was still around. He used to love crushing Kendal Marshall as a recruit and ignoring how many times I told him the kid could flat out see the floor at an elite level. That was a fun AAU team to watch with Marshall, McAdoo and Andre Dawkins...

How in the world can anyone predict an IU win at Rupp when no one has a clue who will be on the floor for the CATS? From what I'm hearing, it's looking like a reload.

How in the world can anyone predict an IU win at Rupp when no one has a clue who will be on the floor for the CATS? From what I'm hearing, it's looking like a reload.

 

The only thing predicted is that IU had NO CHANCE to win at Rupp next year. Saying it could happen isn't predicting it would. But don't let that get in the way of you feeling UK is being slighted. Never stopped you before... :thumb:

How in the world can anyone predict an IU win at Rupp when no one has a clue who will be on the floor for the CATS? From what I'm hearing, it's looking like a reload.

 

I didn't say IU would win. I said that "I might go so far as to say that IU breaks Cal's Rupp winning streak." I use the word "might" because of what you stated--that we don't know the rosters for either team.

 

My suspicion is that Indiana will return everyone & add a nice recruiting class. I also suspect UK's roster gets purged & the new crop of freshmen has yet to be fully determined. So it would be unwise of me to make a definitive prediction, but it's also something that has been on my radar for a while now.

Barnes had every chance possible to be a GREAT college player and was far from it. To say he will be a great pro is more than a little premature...

 

Interesting Grantland piece discussing just this:

Brand Gone Bust

I think Barnes will be an average NBA player. 3rd option at best. I also wouldn't be surprised if McAdoo leaves too.

Almost forgot....to the outgoing trio and Zeller.......bye.

Barnes had every chance possible to be a GREAT college player and was far from it. To say he will be a great pro is more than a little premature...

 

 

I tried to explain those observations to a local Tar Heel fan the other day and all he could say was: "He did exactly what Roy wanted within the system." I finally asked him how that worked for them this year.

 

I also added that Michael Jordan worked within Dean's system and that got them the one title his freshman year but it took a Great game by James Worthy more so than just Jordan to squeak that one through.

thumbnail.jpg

Almost forgot....to the outgoing trio and Zeller.......bye.

 

:lol:

 

Somehow I have this image of you as Curly Bill Broscious in the movie "Tombstone."

 

Wyatt: We're leaving now.

 

Bill: Well, Bye.

I tried to explain those observations to a local Tar Heel fan the other day and all he could say was: "He did exactly what Roy wanted within the system." I finally asked him how that worked for them this year.

 

I'm sure Ol Roy was banking on the top recruit in the 2010 class coming in and being a solid role player. That's rich..

:lol:

No surprise here. "Coming back for that NCAA title" sounds noble and all, but all it takes is one key injury to totally derail that.

To this casual observer, Barnes often looked uninterested on the floor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.