March 29, 201214 yr Undecided Muhammad scores 21 as West tops East 106-102 in McDonald's All-American game CHICAGO — Shabazz Muhammad scored 21 points, Rasheed Sulaimon added 18 and the West beat the East 106-102 in the McDonald's All-American game on Wednesday night. Muhammad and the West squad finished a number of breaks with fantastic dunks, and Duke recruit Sulaimon was 4 for 8 from 3-point range. Muhammad, who won the MVP award, is still weighing his college choices. He is considering Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UNLV and UCLA. "When you come to every event you want to be known as the best player at the event," Muhammad said. "This is the elite 24, the top 24 guys in the country, so just coming in knowing that and trying to compete and everybody is competing is a beautiful thing." Alex Poythress, who signed with Kentucky, finished with 19 points for the East. Archie Goodwin, another Kentucky recruit, had 14. With the possible addition of Muhammad, Kentucky could possibly replicate last year's top-rated recruiting class. "It is going to be a blessing to play with Alex and hopefully Shabazz in the future," Goodwin said. "Like I said in my (earlier) interviews, it will be another repeat of what they are going to do this year." The East trailed by as many as 24 with 12:03 left, but it mounted an impressive comeback. Amile Jefferson had a dunk to make it 93-88 with 3:42 left, but Sulaimon answered with a 3. Rodney Purvis' three-point play got the East within four with 1:19 left, but Sulaimon answered with a three-point play of his own. Purvis finished with 15 points. He is headed to North Carolina State, along with East teammates T.J. Warren and Tyler Lewis. Undecided Muhammad scores 21 as West tops East 106-102 in McDonald's All-American game Poythress is the first player to ever foul out of the MCDonald games.
March 29, 201214 yr I was looking for footage of the girls dunking and came across this epic video : The athleticism on display here is staggering.
March 29, 201214 yr After watching that game last night, I'm very excited we go Poythress whether Shabazz comes or not. Adding Nerlens to this mix could be solid. I didn't get a good feel for Archie Goodwin last night, but he certain has some explosion off the floor. Shabazz...plays hard like MKG with a ton of offensive talent. That kid is going to be a good ballplayer.
March 29, 201214 yr Archie had a nice put back dunk flying thru the lane. Seems to be a Doron Lamb type player. Poythress impressed me. He seems like better, smoother Terrence Jones type.
March 29, 201214 yr Archie had a nice put back dunk flying thru the lane. Seems to be a Doron Lamb type player. Poythress impressed me. He seems like better, smoother Terrence Jones type. Goodwin is a very athletic slasher that can shoot it a little. Pretty much the exact opposite type player Lamb is at the 2...
March 29, 201214 yr Goodwin is a very athletic slasher that can shoot it a little. Pretty much the exact opposite type player Lamb is at the 2... Outside of Wiltjer he sounds like Kentucky may struggle from the outside next year. How does Harrow shoot it from the outside?
March 29, 201214 yr Outside of Wiltjer he sounds like Kentucky may struggle from the outside next year. How does Harrow shoot it from the outside? Doesn't look very good: 12/54 = .22% from three at NC State. But he shoots free throws well, which is something I like from a PG. He shot 87%
March 29, 201214 yr Goodwin is a very athletic slasher that can shoot it a little. Pretty much the exact opposite type player Lamb is at the 2... I was going to say if you are looking for a comparison he would be more like Kelenna Azubuike. That's just who I thought of when watching him play this year. GT, you might have a little better perspective on him than I but that was just who I thought of. Definitely not a Lamb type of player though.
March 29, 201214 yr I was going to say if you are looking for a comparison he would be more like Kelenna Azubuike. That's just who I thought of when watching him play this year. GT, you might have a little better perspective on him than I but that was just who I thought of. Definitely not a Lamb type of player though. I'd say that is fair...
March 29, 201214 yr I am REALLY excited about both Poythress and Goodwin. Someone else said Poythress is a better, smoother Jones. I agree completely. He will be the sleeper of this class. Let's get Nerlens and have another great season! (Still worried about Shabazz)
March 29, 201214 yr Poythress has improved a ton over the last year and a half. I have him ahead of where Jones was at the same point both mentally and physically...
March 29, 201214 yr Poythress has improved a ton over the last year and a half. I have him ahead of where Jones was at the same point both mentally and physically... Not too tough a task there.
March 29, 201214 yr I've said Bazz might be a headache, but the kid can really play. Potentially adding Bazz and Noel would make for another fun season. I didn't really pay attention to Bazz on the defensive end, though. How's he rank defensively, Gt?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.