McDonald's All American Game

bugatti

Game is tomorrow evening on ESPN.

Last night the festivities got under way with the Dunk and 3 point competition. Shabazz is a heck on athlete. Maybe the dark cloud over him is too large, but it sure would be nice to see him in Lexington.

Fast approaching to the #1 spot on my Pet Peeve O'Meter: Girls in the Dunk Contest. Bless their hearts for trying, but they just cannot do it. And when they are able to execute the most elementary of dunks they receive a perfect score. I cannot stand to watch it now for the insistence of placing girls in the contest. If memory serves, didn't Joe Crawford lose in the Finals to a girl? So dumb.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast approaching to the #1 spot on my Pet Peeve O'Meter: Girls in the Dunk Contest. Bless their hearts for trying, but they just cannot do it. And when they are able to execute the most elementary of dunks they receive a perfect score. I cannot stand to watch it now for the insistence of placing girls in the contest. If memory serves, didn't Joe Crawford lose in the Finals to a girl? So dumb.

That was Candace Parker. I believe she won on the "blind" dunk, which is to say she briefly put her forearm in front of her eyes on the way to the basket but clearly had them open and looking when she made the dunk itself.

I think it's a waste of time having women in there, but I am not openly opposed to the idea. But it is not gender equality to hold them to a different grading level.

I saw one girl (barely)get an alley oop and it made the Top 10 plays. Drives me nuts. Let me see a girl do a windmill and then I'll be impressed.

I believe she also got a perfect score for it and made it to the final round. They also had two girls attempt dunks in a row, I don't remember either putting one down in their allotted time.

Game is tonight....I will be watching!!!

McDonald’s game loaded with Kentucky flavor

Wednesday night, UK fans can catch a glimpse of the future.Two Kentucky men’s basketball signees and several recruiting targets along with one UK women’s signee will be competing in the McDonald’s All-American game in Chicago. The girls’ game tips at 7 p.m. and the boys’ 9:30 at the United Center.

The biggest storyline in the game for UK fans is five unsigned boys’ players, including four who have been recruiting targets of the Wildcats.

The top unsigned player in the game and the star attraction is Las Vegas Bishop Gorman All-American Shabazz Muhammad. The No. 2 player in the class has narrowed his list of schools to UK, UCLA, UNLV, Duke and Kansas.

Muhammad is expected to make a decision on April 10.

“It’s going to be a great experience,” Muhammad said of the game. “Knowing that all of these guys - Derrick Rose, LeBron James – have been in this game before, I’m just blessed to have this opportunity.”

UK is also recruiting Henderson, Nev., Findlay Prep forward Anthony Bennett, who is looking at UK, Florida, UNLV, Oregon and Washington.

Philadelphia native Amile Jefferson also says UK is still in his top five, along with Duke, North Carolina State, Ohio State and Villanova.

DeKalb, Miss., forward Devonta Pollard had been listing UK but recently told ESPN.com he had eliminated the Wildcats. He’s still looking at Alabama, Mississippi State, Missouri, Texas and Georgetown.

McDonald’s game loaded with Kentucky flavor | Jody Demling – Recruiting