Who will be the new coach at Montgomery County?

By the way, just for those who think it takes a huge salary to draw Happy Osborne. I suspected that wouldn't necessarily be the case. I don't know what he made at Georgetown College (private institution), but I don't think it was HUGE money. And, with a little Google research knowing that all state institution salaries are public knowledge, here's what I found out.

TN Technological Univ OSBORNE ROBERT ASSISTANT COACH 2 Mens Basketball $62,000

Of course, he probably also gets camp money and some additional perks that makes the total package worth more. But, either way, it's not like past history prices himself out of a high school coaches salary.

I, for one, am a huge Happy Osborne fan having seen him coach many, many games at Georgetown College. I wish he would have never left there, but that's a story for another time and place. I am not sure how he would translate to the high school level, where his time with the kids will be less than the virtually no rules of a NAIA school. If nothing else, the people of Mt. Sterling and the 10th Region will be entertained watching him on the sidelines.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm 100% that Happy Osborne is not in the running at Montgomery County. That is confirmed, verified, whatever you want to call it.

That is a recent development, because I know as of earlier today it wasn't totally far fetched. I wasn't sure Happy would end up going, because I beleve his heart is still in the college game, but I do know him becoming the next coach was discussed by more than just the people in Mt. Sterling.

That is a recent development, because I know as of earlier today it wasn't totally far fetched. I wasn't sure Happy would end up going, because I beleve his heart is still in the college game, but I do know him becoming the next coach was discussed by more than just the people in Mt. Sterling.

That's as of about half an hour ago. :thumb:

I can confirm 100% that Happy Osborne is not in the running at Montgomery County. That is confirmed, verified, whatever you want to call it.

Thanks Wireman, I value your input and info. Didn't really think he was interested anyway.

Now what direction is Montgomery Co going and who will apply?

Thanks Wireman, I value your input and info. Didn't really think he was interested anyway.

Now what direction is Montgomery Co going and who will apply?

Things must have changed from a lot from Saturday. I know Happy was interested, I don't want to reveal my source at this time but in time I will be more than willing to share everything I know. However if Wireman reports something I take it as a fact, however on Saturday Happy was very interested in the job.

Things must have changed from a lot from Saturday. I know Happy was interested, I don't want to reveal my source at this time but in time I will be more than willing to share everything I know. However if Wireman reports something I take it as a fact, however on Saturday Happy was very interested in the job.

So what/who are you hearing now on who will get the job?

Who has applied?

So what/who are you hearing now on who will get the job?

Who has applied?

I really have no idea about Montgomery County basektball anymore. I actually ran into Happy on Saturday and talked to him, he was interested in the job, i actually had no idea that was even a rumor. Whoever the Indians get they need a big hire to at least save some face for the new super IMO

What about the man, the myth, the legend, Billy Ray Fawns??????????????????????????? Could we see him on the sidelines running the show or he is too much of a Sterling icon for the administrations liking?

Wow! Whatever happened to that guy anyway?