Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dawkins says Tebow “laid hands” on injured neck

Featured Replies

Benny's hair is great. That must be what drew fellow evangelist, Paula White, to his side. :D

 

Never had heard of her until your post. She seems like an interesting character.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because Catholics generally don't do things for show.

 

Jim, being Catholic as I am, have you ever witnessed a priest perform the Sacrament of Annointing of the Sick? It too has a similar laying of hands aspect to it. It is not done for show, it is done spiritual healing moreso than physical healing.

Never had heard of her until your post. She seems like an interesting character.

 

Really? You're missing out, Jim. :lol:

^We've had about 30 Tebow threads in the past week...

 

And somehow Jacksonville let the big fish get away smh...

Jim, being Catholic as I am, have you ever witnessed a priest perform the Sacrament of Annointing of the Sick? It too has a similar laying of hands aspect to it. It is not done for show, it is done spiritual healing moreso than physical healing.

 

Once. The fact that it is extremely rare and usually very personal does nothing but confirm what I posted earlier. When there's an assembly line of people waiting to get whacked on the forehead from the Good Rev. Jimmy Joe Jack for their "healing" it kind of takes away from the impact of the procedure. Again, theatricality.

Had a friend that went to a Benny Hinn gathering years ago. Hinn was going throughout the building sweeping his arms as he came to each aisle. As he did so, people fell to the ground because they were "slain in the Spirit" I suppose. My friend is seated on floor level, near the back, and he says Hinn comes to his aisle and sweeps his arms. Everyone falls like dominoes except for him. He said he never felt anything & didn't have a reason to fall, so he stayed on his feet. As he was leaving, a couple of security guys "escorted" him out & informed him he need not return to a Benny Hinn gathering.

 

My wife and I were in Nashville a few years ago walking on Broadway and noticed a huge overflowing crowd outside of the coliseum. We were in a store and mentioned the crowd to the clerk and asked what was going on. She said "Benny Hinn is in town." You would have thought I had 3 heads from the look on her face when I said "who is Benny Hinn?"

 

Never heard of the guy until that day. Sounds like a treat.

I'm Catholic and have seen it done numerous times. It's definitely not for show.

Dawkins is equally as spiritual of a person as Tebow. Just to give a little more background on the situation. Dawkins was not issuing some kind of statement that it was a cooky Jonas Nightengale scene.

My wife and I were in Nashville a few years ago walking on Broadway and noticed a huge overflowing crowd outside of the coliseum. We were in a store and mentioned the crowd to the clerk and asked what was going on. She said "Benny Hinn is in town." You would have thought I had 3 heads from the look on her face when I said "who is Benny Hinn?"

 

Never heard of the guy until that day. Sounds like a treat.

 

He's a treat alright. :lol:

I've been around a lot of people praying over my 48 years. Never seen anyone "lay hands."

 

You've never witnessed the anointing of the sick?

Had a friend that went to a Benny Hinn gathering years ago. Hinn was going throughout the building sweeping his arms as he came to each aisle. As he did so, people fell to the ground because they were "slain in the Spirit" I suppose. My friend is seated on floor level, near the back, and he says Hinn comes to his aisle and sweeps his arms. Everyone falls like dominoes except for him. He said he never felt anything & didn't have a reason to fall, so he stayed on his feet. As he was leaving, a couple of security guys "escorted" him out & informed him he need not return to a Benny Hinn gathering.
Wow.

This past Sunday at church (Methodist) a lady asked if the church could have a special prayer for me, due to upcoming hospitalization. I went to the front of the church where the Pastor anointed me with oil and said a prayer over me while placing his hand on my shoulder. I noticed that there were several hands touching me on my back, arms and shoulders as the Pastor was praying for my health. When I turned around I noted there were 20 or so church members that had come forward to pray for me and each seemed to try to touch me in some way while they prayed for me. It was a very emotional and spiritual time for me.

 

For those that don't believe that is for you, but do not mock my faith. I have not knock your lack of faith.

This past Sunday at church (Methodist) a lady asked if the church could have a special prayer for me, due to upcoming hospitalization. I went to the front of the church where the Pastor anointed me with oil and said a prayer over me while placing his hand on my shoulder. I noticed that there were several hands touching me on my back, arms and shoulders as the Pastor was praying for my health. When I turned around I noted there were 20 or so church members that had come forward to pray for me and each seemed to try to touch me in some way while they prayed for me. It was a very emotional and spiritual time for me.

 

For those that don't believe that is for you, but do not mock my faith. I have not knock your lack of faith.

 

You've already staked out a defensive ground, so I don't know what -- if anything -- I or anyone else could say in response that won't come across as mocking to you, even though that's not the intent. So all I can ask is this, since you put it out there: Do you still have to go to the hospital?

 

And just because someone might question you on this doesn't mean they have a lack of faith that you can knock. It just means they may not have faith in the laying of hands. My faith is quite strong; but only Jesus can lay hands and heal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.