Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dawkins says Tebow “laid hands” on injured neck

Featured Replies

It's more about providing a sense of comfort and community for the person being prayed for.

 

Or, it's just for show and to project an "I am more pious than you" vibe? Pretty sure the rate of answered prayers v. unanswered ones has absolutely zero to do with laying of hands.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Conversely, I've seen it numerous times.

 

Denominational? Regional? I was sleeping?

Because Catholics generally don't do things for show.

 

We are rather bland.

 

That's why we allow alcohol or it would NEVER be exciting enough for some.

Denominational? Regional? I was sleeping?

 

Since denominational and regional are often the same things, yes.

We are rather bland.

 

That's why we allow alcohol or it would NEVER be exciting enough for some.

 

True, there is less drama and a lot of formulaic stuff. Then again, if you're going to church to be entertained ...

Denominational? Regional? I was sleeping?

 

Since denominational and regional are often the same things, yes.

 

I would guess denominational. The times I have seen it, it's been mostly just putting a hand on someone's shoulder or arm and then praying for them. Not necessarily placing hands on the part of the body where healing is desired.

 

There actually is Biblical precedent for it, though mostly for ordaining or commissioning someone for a specific task.

I would guess denominational. The times I have seen it, it's been mostly just putting a hand on someone's shoulder or arm and then praying for them. Not necessarily placing hands on the part of the body where healing is desired.

 

There actually is Biblical precedent for it, though mostly for ordaining or commissioning someone for a specific task.

 

In other words, with a lot less drama attached like you would have with Walter Bob Buggem? Or not?

In other words, with a lot less drama attached like you would have with Walter Bob Buggem? Or not?

 

:lol:

 

I'm not sure who Walter Bob Buggem is, but laying on of hands in Scripture isn't the spectacle that it is with Benny Hinn & the healing preacher crowd.

:lol:

 

I'm not sure who Walter Bob Buggem is, but laying on of hands in Scripture isn't the spectacle that it is with Benny Hinn & the healing preacher crowd.

 

Fletch Lives -- and while it may not be a spectacle in Scripture (perhaps because they didn't intend it out to be), it sure is with the "I sway-ur to Gaw-ud" crowd. Perhaps you know some of these folks? Weekly?

Fletch Lives -- and while it may not be a spectacle in Scripture (perhaps because they didn't intend it out to be), it sure is with the "I sway-ur to Gaw-ud" crowd. Perhaps you know some of these folks? Weekly?

 

Ah, Fletch. Going to have to watch that one again. It's been years.

 

I don't know a lot of folks that do that kind of thing. I mostly see them on television. Benny Hinn is the one that comes to mind first. He's a piece of work.

 

Most Christians I'm close with use one syllable when referring to God, since it is actually just one syllable. :lol:

Ah, Fletch. Going to have to watch that one again. It's been years.

 

I don't know a lot of folks that do that kind of thing. I mostly see them on television. Benny Hinn is the one that comes to mind first. He's a piece of work.

 

That's an understatement. :lol:

That's an understatement. :lol:

 

Had a friend that went to a Benny Hinn gathering years ago. Hinn was going throughout the building sweeping his arms as he came to each aisle. As he did so, people fell to the ground because they were "slain in the Spirit" I suppose. My friend is seated on floor level, near the back, and he says Hinn comes to his aisle and sweeps his arms. Everyone falls like dominoes except for him. He said he never felt anything & didn't have a reason to fall, so he stayed on his feet. As he was leaving, a couple of security guys "escorted" him out & informed him he need not return to a Benny Hinn gathering.

Had a friend that went to a Benny Hinn gathering years ago. Hinn was going throughout the building sweeping his arms as he came to each aisle. As he did so, people fell to the ground because they were "slain in the Spirit" I suppose. My friend is seated on floor level, near the back, and he says Hinn comes to his aisle and sweeps his arms. Everyone falls like dominoes except for him. He said he never felt anything & didn't have a reason to fall, so he stayed on his feet. As he was leaving, a couple of security guys "escorted" him out & informed him he need not return to a Benny Hinn gathering.

 

Color me surprised ... :lol:

Benny's hair is great. That must be what drew fellow evangelist, Paula White, to his side. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.