March 19, 201214 yr In honor of the Bearcats whipping Bobby Knight's Ohio State tail in the 1961 and 1962 championship games, I wonder if he will boycott use of the word "Cincinnati".
March 19, 201214 yr 4 Ohio teams, 2 Kentucky teams and 1 Indiana team for 7 out of the Sweet 16. Should have been half if Purdue didn't falter late. Going to be a 2 great nights of basketball Thursday and Friday evening.
March 19, 201214 yr 4 Ohio teams, 2 Kentucky teams and 1 Indiana team for 7 out of the Sweet 16. Should have been half if Purdue didn't falter late. Going to be a 2 greats of Basketball Thursday and Friday evening. Bellarmine plays Wednesday in the Division 2 Elite Eight at NKU as well.
March 19, 201214 yr I definitely think UC can beat OSU. The way they play defense and their quickness, I think it will give OSU some problems. Keeping Gates on the floor and out of foul trouble will be a big key in that game. They will also have to inbound the ball a little better in tense situations than they did tonight.
March 19, 201214 yr I think Cronin deserves a raise after what he has done this year with this team. It's only like 2 steps short of a miracle. It's sure has been fun to watch this team. Congrats Cronin and the players! Thinking about it, UC could very easily beat tOSU. Unless I'm thinking wrong, I think UC matches up VERY well with the Buckeyes. I think Gates could severly slow down Sully because of his physicality. That game should be a fun one! I am also amazed by the stat about how this is the first time Cincy has beaten a lower seeded team. That is very hard to understand. They've had some really good teams in the past.
March 19, 201214 yr That was fun. Exhausting, near heart attack inducing fun. Off to get a few minutes of shut eye before driving back home in the morning...
March 19, 201214 yr 3 months ago this day never looked possible...now UC IS BACK! I can't express how I feel right now, maybe in the morning.
March 19, 201214 yr Didn't realize this was the first time in NCAA tourney history that UC has beaten a higher-seeded team. Kind of hard to imagine really.... News to me as well. I had no idea.
March 19, 201214 yr That was fun. Exhausting, near heart attack inducing fun. Off to get a few minutes of shut eye before driving back home in the morning... Enjoy it. It's been a long journey.
March 19, 201214 yr I was stunned to hear that (although I think it's technically a "higher" seed). When you think about it though, all the years they made really deep runs and such UC was the HIGHER seed so It kinda makes sense, but yes my first thought when it was said was "really?"
March 19, 201214 yr IMO the biggest thing was how they made their free throws late, Yancy was 4 for 4 late and I think they made 8/9 or 9/10 at one point late (could be off a little.) Considering how this team normally shoots fout shots, it was huge.
March 19, 201214 yr I'm gonna get hammered for this but oh well, here I go-- First, congrats to Coach Cronin on two tough W's. I am glad UC has revived it's fan base. The more the merrier at the top- only makes for better basketball. However, Yancy Gates should not be on this roster. I understand people make mistakes, I have, but to assault another person in the manner in which he did is criminal. He may not be a true "thug" (I hear he is an okay dude) but after he made the decision to throw an unwarranted haymaker punch during a game (yes, this is still JUST a game) is in(un?)excusable. We are willing to completely suspend a player for receiving any form of benefit from his talent but we will only slap the wrist of a player who blatantly-on a national stage-committed a crime. I wish Bearcat fans success in the future but I for one will not be rooting for them in any game until this guy is gone. As a fan of intercollegiate sports (in general) I think the NCAA put a black mark on its behavior policy by not handing down a full year suspension (if not career suspension). With that said, let the games continue!! One week away from knowing the heralded Final 4!!
March 19, 201214 yr I'm gonna get hammered for this but oh well, here I go-- First, congrats to Coach Cronin on two tough W's. I am glad UC has revived it's fan base. The more the merrier at the top- only makes for better basketball. However, Yancy Gates should not be on this roster. I understand people make mistakes, I have, but to assault another person in the manner in which he did is criminal. He may not be a true "thug" (I hear he is an okay dude) but after he made the decision to throw an unwarranted haymaker punch during a game (yes, this is still JUST a game) is in(un?)excusable. We are willing to completely suspend a player for receiving any form of benefit from his talent but we will only slap the wrist of a player who blatantly-on a national stage-committed a crime. I wish Bearcat fans success in the future but I for one will not be rooting for them in any game until this guy is gone. As a fan of intercollegiate sports (in general) I think the NCAA put a black mark on its behavior policy by not handing down a full year suspension (if not career suspension). With that said, let the games continue!! One week away from knowing the heralded Final 4!! He received a technical foul for his actions...which is a mandated one game suspension by the NCAA. That's it. UC went above that and added an extra 5 games. Let's not take away from a huge win with a post like this. Same thing happened with another team a few weeks later where a kid threw a punch and landed it and he only got one game. UC more than handled it properly. MOVE ON! If you're going to make this comment about Yancy, I guess you feel the same about Brittany Griner of Baylor as well, correct? Let's not forget her little incident a couple years ago.
March 19, 201214 yr That was fun. Exhausting, near heart attack inducing fun. Off to get a few minutes of shut eye before driving back home in the morning... Welcome to my season. Hope it ends in New Orleans in the Final Four.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.