Kendall Marshall breaks wrist

Zlatan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eye On College Basketball - CBSSports.com Kendall Marshall's father: "Hang onto your seatbelt"

After it was announced that North Carolina point guard Kendall Marshall fractured his wrist on Sunday, the future didn't look promising for the Tar Heels.

Now, though, it seems that things are looking up.

CBSSports.com's Jeff Goodman spoke via text with Marshall's father, Dennis Marshall. Dennis Marshall told Goodman that surgery on Kendall went well and lasted about 30 minutes. Moreover, they are optimistic about him playing against Ohio in the Sweet 16 on Friday.

“Hang onto your seatbelt,” Dennis Marshall said.

Marshall suffered a fractured right wrist after getting fouled by Creighton's Ethan Wragge in the second half of Sunday's round of 32 contest. Marshall fell hard on his arm, and was clearly in pain after the play. He returned to the game, but did not use his right hand much. After a few minutes, he requested a substitution and spent the rest of the game on the bench, being looked at by multiple trainers.

I am sure he will not be put on the court if it is a safety issue or detrimental to his future. But I assume he will have to wear a small cast or something around his hand. As a ball handler how could you play and be effective?

I wouldn't doubt it.