Trinity 71 Scott County 53

After speaking with someone from KHSAA I understand why it was done. They wanted to make state championship trophies more uniform. Was it fair for a state champion in another sport to get a MUCH smaller trophy than basketball?

So why not make them all over sized, after all it is a great accomplishment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really was impressed by Trinity administration and how they handled their cheering section. Sure boys are going to be less than angels. (Come on guys we were all like that at one time or another when we were young. Some of us still are that way. :laugh:) But when they got out of line with a cheer that was not in good taste or got personal administration was quick to put a stop to it.

Not saying I have read the entire book, but this is just my observation of the cover of that book.

I suppose not, but it's no less disappointing. I look at that one and it doesn't compare to the one I saw Warren Central raise.

So why not make them all over sized, after all it is a great accomplishment.

Oh I don't disagree with either of you but I understand why they did it.

It is not the size of the trophy that matters it is what it represents. Make it an inch tall and the Shamrocks would still treasure it equally as special. Congrats to Trinity, it was your year all the way!

A work about officiating.

I've been very critical of officials before and was terrified that Trinity would be in a 8 v. 5 situation every game they played. My fears were totally unjustified. Of the 4 games that Trinity played 2 (Friday & Championship) were not just well officiated I will say the officials did an excellent job. The first game I really believe the Willis kid from BE got a few calls but I thought they did a decent job. The fourth game (Sat. morning) was a little shaky but maybe it was just early?

I had my doubts about the 13th region official when I saw him walk out on the floor for the championship game. He really did a number on Paducah Tilghman back in 1999 in the semifinals when they lost to Scott County in the final seconds. The Rupp crowd stood and booed for a LONG time after that game. He is from Harlan County, the same county Billy Hicks is from. Some thought he was leaning in his calls for Hicks. Whether he was or not is debatable, but he sure didn't have a good game with the whistle that day, at least not for Paducah Tilghman.

But he really called a good game for the finals, and a good tournament as well. He probably remembered the boos from '99 and didn't want to have a repeat.

Actually, Trinity was so powerful this year that it would have taken a very obvious ax job by offcials to have denied them the title.

Really was impressed by Trinity administration and how they handled their cheering section. Sure boys are going to be less than angels. (Come on guys we were all like that at one time or another when we were young. Some of us still are that way. :laugh:) But when they got out of line with a cheer that was not in good taste or got personal administration was quick to put a stop to it.

Not saying I have read the entire book, but this is just my observation of the cover of that book.

Scott County's admin did the opposite.

I was a little disappointed in Scott County and Trinity's crowds last night. For a state championship game I would have thought their fan bases and alumni would have been much larger. UK and UL on TV shouldn't have been a factor with the fan bases of the two school left standing in the state basketball tournament. Even worse for Scott County is they are a neighboring county to Fayette where the tournament was played. It's 12 miles from Georgetown to Lexington.

I know if my little county were ever in that position there wouldn't be a thousand people left in the county (there's only 4500 population to begin with:D).

I was a little disappointed in Scott County and Trinity's crowds last night. For a state championship game I would have thought their fan bases and alumni would have been much larger. UK and UL on TV shouldn't have been a factor with the fan bases of the two school left standing in the state basketball tournament. Even worse for Scott County is they are a neighboring county to Fayette where the tournament was played. It's 12 miles from Georgetown to Lexington.

I know if my little county were ever in that position there wouldn't be a thousand people left in the county (there's only 4500 population to begin with:D).

Totally agree.

Do they normally release the paid attendance figures for this tourney? I stll have no idea why they bump up against the NCAA games. Has to kill attendance.

The Trinity crowd will never travel like it does for the X game, but I thought our crowd was pretty good. I hardly saw any red in the crowd or around pregame in the foodcourt, but I saw a TON of green and white. I thought they traveled pretty well.

Scott County's fan support at the Sweet 16 has been way down in their last two visits. It was really evident in 2010 ... coincidence or not, it was when Scott had four transfers in the starting lineup.

I was more disappointed with Scott County than Trinity. I thought Trinity was spread out all over whereas Scott County seemed to have low support despite being so close to Lexington. I expected a much better Scott County crowd. A bigger student section also. We sat next to Scott County's student section and they were vulgar and homophobic on more than one occasion and Trinity's student section was still louder and prouder than Scott County's.

Reminds me of a little story about a pot and a kettle !!!!!:lol:

Congrats to Trinity. Wire to wire. Best team won, no doubt.

Highlight of game for me was Scott Co student section midway thru 4th after conclusion was obvious chanting "you recruited".

Thought I would swallow my gum!