• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to T team

First one is always toughest!

T will be good next season but lose a lot in Dieudonne, Foster and Saxton

I would say Ballard will be the team to beat from Louisville next year

Ive heard that somewhere.

Congrats to Trinity. Wire to wire. Best team won, no doubt.

Highlight of game for me was Scott Co student section midway thru 4th after conclusion was obvious chanting "you recruited".

Thought I would swallow my gum!

Funniest moment of the night. Everyone sitting around me started laughing.

Congrats to Trinity. Wire to wire. Best team won, no doubt.

Highlight of game for me was Scott Co student section midway thru 4th after conclusion was obvious chanting "you recruited".

Thought I would swallow my gum!

Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, huh?

1g7eMd.AuSt.79.jpg

Trinity defeated Scott County to win the 2012 PNC/KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16 State Basketball Tournament Saturday, March 17, 2012 in Lexington at Rupp Arena. The final score was 71-53. Photo by Jonathan Palmer JONATHAN PALMER — Herald-LeaderBuy Photo

Read more here: Mike Fields: Hype justified for high school state champ Trinity | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Love this!

Dieudonne was asked what it was like to finally win a basketball title at a football school. "I don't really think it's just a football school anymore," he said with a smile. "We've got a great football team and a great basketball team this year. We'll try to continue that tradition now."

A work about officiating.

I've been very critical of officials before and was terrified that Trinity would be in a 8 v. 5 situation every game they played. My fears were totally unjustified. Of the 4 games that Trinity played 2 (Friday & Championship) were not just well officiated I will say the officials did an excellent job. The first game I really believe the Willis kid from BE got a few calls but I thought they did a decent job. The fourth game (Sat. morning) was a little shaky but maybe it was just early?

1g7eMd.AuSt.79.jpg

Trinity defeated Scott County to win the 2012 PNC/KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16 State Basketball Tournament Saturday, March 17, 2012 in Lexington at Rupp Arena. The final score was 71-53. Photo by Jonathan Palmer JONATHAN PALMER — Herald-LeaderBuy Photo

Read more here: Mike Fields: Hype justified for high school state champ Trinity | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

That's what the trophy looks like now? That's a shame.

A work about officiating.

I've been very critical of officials before and was terrified that Trinity would be in a 8 v. 5 situation every game they played. My fears were totally unjustified. Of the 4 games that Trinity played 2 (Friday & Championship) were not just well officiated I will say the officials did an excellent job. The first game I really believe the Willis kid from BE got a few calls but I thought they did a decent job. The fourth game (Sat. morning) was a little shaky but maybe it was just early?

Even Saturday morning the calls balanced out in the 2nd half, but that crew was definitely the shakiest. The championship game game crew was excellent. Not perfect, but very, very fair. The official scorer on the other hand needs to be looked at. As I posted in another thread (and this is backed up on the iHigh broadcast and the KHSAA's play-by-play account of the game), Scott was awarded a point on a missed free throw at the :55 mark of the 3rd qtr when the score was 45-33. Luckily Scott did not close to make it a one point game! How the T bench did not pick up on this I don't know. With the 18 point margin, nobody will make a big deal lout of this, but as an official scorer this is inexcusable.

That's what the trophy looks like now? That's a shame.

I thought it was different i dont like it either.

After speaking with someone from KHSAA I understand why it was done. They wanted to make state championship trophies more uniform. Was it fair for a state champion in another sport to get a MUCH smaller trophy than basketball?

After speaking with someone from KHSAA I understand why it was done. They wanted to make state championship trophies more uniform. Was it fair for a state champion in another sport to get a MUCH smaller trophy than basketball?

I suppose not, but it's no less disappointing. I look at that one and it doesn't compare to the one I saw Warren Central raise.