Fab Melo OUT for the Orange

Clyde

I've never been in a bracket that doesn't allow you to update your entries until noon on Thursday.

You are correct, you have some time on thursday to make changes, but with me I neeed just to do it once. I'll be watching a movie and miss the deadline knowing my luck...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to several of the Cuse traveling media when they played at UC and they were all confident it was something tied to cheating on his school work. With it now a NCAA issue, it will be interesting to see what comes out...

The timing just made too much sense, but I cannot figure out why Melo was ever reinstated if that's the case.

Sources told CBSSports.com that the recent ruling is related to the three-game suspension that Melo was hit with in the middle of the season due to academics.

"The NCAA went back and looked at his schoolwork," one source told CBSSports.com. "They are looking into the fact that he didn't do some of the work."

No Melo spells doom to Syracuse's chances in NCAA tourney - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and RPI Rankings

Sources told CBSSports.com that the recent ruling is related to the three-game suspension that Melo was hit with in the middle of the season due to academics.

"The NCAA went back and looked at his schoolwork," one source told CBSSports.com. "They are looking into the fact that he didn't do some of the work."

No Melo spells doom to Syracuse's chances in NCAA tourney - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and RPI Rankings

Is there a precedent for forfeiting the games when he came back and do you Gametime see this as a major obstacle for Boeheim staying on as coach?

Is there a precedent for forfeiting the games when he came back and do you Gametime see this as a major obstacle for Boeheim staying on as coach?

Going to depend on how Cuse "handled" the issue the first time around. If it is missed course work, did they try to make it up outside the deadlines, or was there tampering with his grades in an attempt to cover it up. If the latter I think it could spell big trouble for Boeheim. Very interested to see how this plays out...

Going to depend on how Cuse "handled" the issue the first time around. If it is missed course work, did they try to make it up outside the deadlines, or was there tampering with his grades in an attempt to cover it up. If the latter I think it could spell big trouble for Boeheim. Very interested to see how this plays out...

Add it to the mounting list.

Couldn't they technically have to forfeit any and all games he participated in?

How much more trouble needs to surface at Syracuse before Boeheim is shown the door.

First, Bernie Fine, then the failed drug tests, now cheating? When is enough going to be enough?

That's what I was thinking as well,

ESPN host Ryan Burr (Syracuse Alum) took the liberty of making this a recruiting pitch by tweeting to Nerlens Noel about how Melo will go pro and how Noel would like being in the middle of the zone... He since took that tweet down.

ESPN host Ryan Burr (Syracuse Alum) took the liberty of making this a recruiting pitch by tweeting to Nerlens Noel about how Melo will go pro and how Noel would like being in the middle of the zone... He since took that tweet down.

Probably because I'm about 95% sure that's an NCAA violation.