Category 1 Marginal Risk for strong to severe storms for Monday 7/30/18

nWo

The entire state of Kentucky is in a Category 1 Marginal Risk area for scattered strong to severe storms on Monday. The main threat looks to be damaging wind gusts. This will be possible for those under the more robust storms. The tornado and hail threat is very low. I only mention them because the threat is not zero.

KY_swody3.png

There should be some morning showers and thunderstorms that will subside during the morning hours. The scattered strong to severe storms should start firing during the early afternoon hours and traverse southeasterly across Kentucky during the evening and overnight hours. The following simulated radar is from 2 pm EDT Monday to 2 am EDT Tuesday morning.

32-nodither.gif

I will update later today. Have a great and blessed Sunday.

Just a quick update for this evening. No real change from this mornings forecast. I'll post an update early tomorrow morning before I go to work. Take care and have a great rest of your Sunday.

Still no real change in the forecast. A few strong/marginally severe storms are expected later today. Damaging winds will be the main threat. Showers and thunderstorms mainly west of I-65 will diminish through midday. By early afternoon, storm redevelopment is expected. These will be scattered in nature. A few of the stronger cells are expected to produce a low-end severe wind/hail event.

Have a great day