2019 Reds

I was thinking about the future of the Reds and their every day lineup and had some thoughts. I know they are not the Big Red machine, but one thing I think people forget about that team was how players switched positions when they got new players. Rose went from 2B to LF, to 3B. Perez went from 3B to 1B. I think the Reds should consider the following lineup for next year:

C - Barnhardt

1B - Votto

2B - Gennett we need to sign him

SS - Suarez

3B - Senzel

LF - Winker

CF - Peraza

RF - Schebler

The Reds continue to play Hamilton because they have no other outfielder who can consistently play CF. Peraza played it the first year here when he came up. He holds it down for a couple years until Trammel gets here.

I was thinking about the future of the Reds and their every day lineup and had some thoughts. I know they are not the Big Red machine, but one thing I think people forget about that team was how players switched positions when they got new players. Rose went from 2B to LF, to 3B. Perez went from 3B to 1B. I think the Reds should consider the following lineup for next year:

C - Barnhardt

1B - Votto

2B - Gennett we need to sign him

SS - Suarez

3B - Senzel

LF - Winker

CF - Peraza

RF - Schebler

The Reds continue to play Hamilton because they have no other outfielder who can consistently play CF. Peraza played it the first year here when he came up. He holds it down for a couple years until Trammel gets here.

I dont think Senzel will beon the opening day roster in 2019, specifically now due to his injury.

I dont think Senzel will beon the opening day roster in 2019, specifically now due to his injury.

Injury should give the Reds PR cover for doing what they should do anyway - wait to bring him up to secure another year of control. Even if he has a monster spring training, I'd expect to hear "after 2 significant injuries in 2018, we don't want to rush Senzel to the Major Leagues." If he and the Reds get off to a good start and there's a place for him to play and contribute, bring him up after that deadline in MAY or whenever to secure another year's team control.

Injury should give the Reds PR cover for doing what they should do anyway - wait to bring him up to secure another year of control. Even if he has a monster spring training, I'd expect to hear "after 2 significant injuries in 2018, we don't want to rush Senzel to the Major Leagues." If he and the Reds get off to a good start and there's a place for him to play and contribute, bring him up after that deadline in MAY or whenever to secure another year's team control.

I agree, at current (depending on what they do with Scooter) there is A. no room for him, and B. They dont really need him yet.