Snow possible this weekend

nWo

Some could be looking at some accumulating snows by Saturday morning. The precipitation looks to start as rain late Friday afternoon or early evening. The rain will change over to snow before ending Saturday morning.

nam.refcmp_ptype.us_ov.2018030818-loop (1).gif

This is the preliminary snow accumulation map. Some could see 2-4" by the time the snow is over. There could be some pockets of higher accumulations. My thinking is this NAM map is a little over doing it but we shall see. I will update in the morning.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

As I thought last nights NAM was overdoing it some. This mornings update has indeed shown that the snow won't be as much as expected. The snowfield also seems to have shifted some towards the southeast. Now I'm seeing 1-3 inches of snow. Most of which looks to fall in southeast KY. It will start as rain before switching over to snow late Friday night or early Saturday morning. Most of the precipitation should be over by late Saturday morning.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

Here the simulated radar from around 7 pm EST Friday night to 10 am EST Saturday morning.

nam.refcmp_ptype.us_ov.2018030906-loop (1).gif

I will update later today. Updates throughout the day on our Twitter page.

Have a blessed Friday.

The snow looks to start between 12-1 am EST. The snowfield looks to be very narrow and centered around the I-64 corridor. Mostly 1-3 inches can be expected with the possibility of 4 inches from around Louisville to Frankfort. Temperatures will drop to around the mid to upper 20s from around the I-64 northward then start to rebound above freezing around 7 am EST.

Simulated Radar

nam.refcmp_ptype.us_ov.2018030918-loop (1).gif

Snowfall Accumulations

accu.png