Holmes 65 Dixie 52

Final from Covington, Holmes led by L.J. Miller with 18 with some huge free throws down the stretch. Dixie was led by Japari Karim, I believe with 15, Holmes was down double digits at one point in the game. Best of luck to both as the season is quickly coming to an end.

Nice win for the Dawgs against a not too shabby Dixie team.

In a season where neither the Red Colonels, or the Bulldogs are getting much love when being overshadowed in the region by say CovCath and Cooper, still this was a nice competitive game.

The night began with a stunning and moving live rendition of the National Anthem sung by a young lady who I'm assuming is a Holmes student who had some serious pipes. Her foot was in a boot, but that didn't prevent her from treating us to her awesome and powerful voice.

Fine job young lady. :thumb:

Also, it was a nice touch when the PA guy recognized various people in attendance including local basketball legend Mr. Tom Thacker.

The Bulldogs got off to a bit of a slow start allowing Dixie to immediately get the upper hand, and in short order the Colonels were sitting comfortably with around a 10 point lead most of the first half.

Jabari Karim for Dixie was looking pretty smooth handling the rock and displaying some nice shooting along with some decent help from his teammates. Not completely sure, but I think that they might've extended it at one point to a 12 or 13 point lead, but from that point on Coach Listerman lit a fire up under his guys because their defensive intensity was turned up a huge notch and they were also being more intent on crashing the boards. They chipped away at the lead, and by the end of the first half they got the score to 31-28, down by only 3.

In the 2nd half they picked right up where they left off and stayed the course nip and tuck not letting Dixie get much of an edge, and finally knotted it all up around the 42-42 mark.

Impressively the Bulldogs didn't fold when getting down early, and treated the game with the composure of a marathon, and not a 100 yard dash, with a balanced team effort.

On the other hand the competitive Colonels team that we saw looking pretty good in the first half didn't show up in the second half, and seemed to play out the rest of the game with lackluster effort. They didn't appear to be in it for the long haul like the Bulldogs, who were obviously fine tuned and disciplined to handle it.

Impressive too was how the Dawgs continued to connect on their free throws down the stretch to seal the deal. All said and done, Holmes outscored Dixie 37-21 in the second half.

I like how these kids stay focused, and the fire that they play with. I've only seen them a few times now this season, but also it appeared too that while maybe lacking in the early part of their schedule, as a much needed added bonus their outside shooting seems to be nicely taking shape too.

Congratulations to Coach Listerman on a job well done. It's so great to see the heart that he has for these kids, and how hard he pulls for them, and it's only that much sweeter when they can get the "W". :thumb:

Nice win for the Dawgs against a not too shabby Dixie team.

In a season where neither the Red Colonels, or the Bulldogs are getting much love when being overshadowed in the region by say CovCath and Cooper, still this was a nice competitive game.

The night began with a stunning and moving live rendition of the National Anthem sung by a young lady who I'm assuming is a Holmes student who had some serious pipes. Her foot was in a boot, but that didn't prevent her from treating us to her awesome and powerful voice.

Fine job young lady. :thumb:

Also, it was a nice touch when the PA guy recognized various people in attendance including local basketball legend Mr. Tom Thacker.

The Bulldogs got off to a bit of a slow start allowing Dixie to immediately get the upper hand, and in short order the Colonels were sitting comfortably with around a 10 point lead most of the first half.

Jabari Karim for Dixie was looking pretty smooth handling the rock and displaying some nice shooting along with some decent help from his teammates. Not completely sure, but I think that they might've extended it at one point to a 12 or 13 point lead, but from that point on Coach Listerman lit a fire up under his guys because their defensive intensity was turned up a huge notch and they were also being more intent on crashing the boards. They chipped away at the lead, and by the end of the first half they got the score to 31-28, down by only 3.

In the 2nd half they picked right up where they left off and stayed the course nip and tuck not letting Dixie get much of an edge, and finally knotted it all up around the 42-42 mark.

Impressively the Bulldogs didn't fold when getting down early, and treated the game with the composure of a marathon, and not a 100 yard dash, with a balanced team effort.

On the other hand the competitive Colonels team that we saw looking pretty good in the first half didn't show up in the second half, and seemed to play out the rest of the game with lackluster effort. They didn't appear to be in it for the long haul like the Bulldogs, who were obviously fine tuned and disciplined to handle it.

Impressive too was how the Dawgs continued to connect on their free throws down the stretch to seal the deal. All said and done, Holmes outscored Dixie 37-21 in the second half.

I like how these kids stay focused, and the fire that they play with. I've only seen them a few times now this season, but also it appeared too that while maybe lacking in the early part of their schedule, as a much needed added bonus their outside shooting seems to be nicely taking shape too.

Congratulations to Coach Listerman on a job well done. It's so great to see the heart that he has for these kids, and how hard he pulls for them, and it's only that much sweeter when they can get the "W". :thumb:

Nice recap, the young lady is Montesia Jones, I hope I am getting the spelling correct, she is a Lady Bulldog basketball player and has an awesome voice and is such a nice young lady, when I see her, I always ask if she can do the Anthem. This Bulldog team does play hard, sometimes the shots just don't fall.