Officer Shot in Cincinnati?

UKMustangFan

Mary Tignor‏Verified account @MARyWLWT

6m6 minutes ago

#UPDATE: CPD says an unarmed security officer for UC Health was shot by a person who tried to get into the psychiatric emergency area. CPD chief says shooter then shot and killed himself.

I realize that shooting one's self is a quick way to die, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm way too much of a big wuss to ever be able to do something like that, and it blows my mind how often we hear of this such thing happening.

I realize that shooting one's self is a quick way to die, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm way too much of a big wuss to ever be able to do something like that, and it blows my mind how often we hear of this such thing happening.

Given that this person was trying to force their way into a psych ward, they may be missing a few marbles themselves.

First, thoughts are with the security officer.

Second, I’m not sure how you justify a security officer at a psych ward entrance being unarmed. Ones that patrol the halls? Let them be unarmed. But if one is working at the entrance, how can they not be armed? They are at a metal detector. The purpose of that metal detector is to stop people from bringing weapons in. If someone does have a weapon, and the security officer is unarmed, what are they supposed to do?

Second, I’m not sure how you justify a security officer at a psych ward entrance being unarmed. Ones that patrol the halls? Let them be unarmed. But if one is working at the entrance, how can they not be armed? They are at a metal detector. The purpose of that metal detector is to stop people from bringing weapons in. If someone does have a weapon, and the security officer is unarmed, what are they supposed to do?

This^

If security has a gun, and one of the nuts goes nuts and takes it from him, now you have a nut nut with a weapon in the nut house.

That would be the justification for an unarmed security. Didnt say it was a good one.