Dodgers and Braves make one of the craziest trades I've seen yet.

Kemp will not play for the Dodger’s. They’ll get rid of him before the season. No place for him to play. Dodger’s are positioning themselves to go all in on Bryce Harper next year.

The story I read said their first goal was to get below the threshhold for paying luxury tax in 2018. Both teams now think they will get there. If they do in 2019 they will pay a 20% luxury tax instead of a 50% luxury tax when Harper, Kershaw, Machado, and others hit the FA market.

AGon only agreed to the trade if the Braves agreed to release him which they will do.

The story I read said their first goal was to get below the threshhold for paying luxury tax in 2018. Both teams now think they will get there. If they do in 2019 they will pay a 20% luxury tax instead of a 50% luxury tax when Harper, Kershaw, Machado, and others hit the FA market.

AGon only agreed to the trade if the Braves agreed to release him which they will do.

Just another case for a true salary cap like football. This just makes the small market teams even less capable of competing for a world series title. Magic Johnson is more than willing to spend what it takes to win a title.