Sources Say Ben McAdoo Could be Fired Tomorrow

Being reported by ESPN, Ian Rapoport, & some Giants beat writers.

Mara took responsibility for the idea of seeing how other QBs played but did not like the way McAdoo presented it to Eli.

Reports also say many people at the top of the giants organization did not like how it went down.

Being reported by ESPN, Ian Rapoport, & some Giants beat writers.

Mara took responsibility for the idea of seeing how other QBs played but did not like the way McAdoo presented it to Eli.

Reports also say many people at the top of the giants organization did not like how it went down.

I'm not sure how a coach is suppose to present that to Eli. There is no right way to say it. I don't think the owner should be mad, since it was his idea. No matter how you tell Eli that they are going to start playing other guys some, it wasn't going to go down well. The owner is just trying to clean up the mess he started, plus it's easy to fire McAdoo since he wasn't doing good anyways.

I'm not sure how a coach is suppose to present that to Eli. There is no right way to say it. I don't think the owner should be mad, since it was his idea. No matter how you tell Eli that they are going to start playing other guys some, it wasn't going to go down well. The owner is just trying to clean up the mess he started, plus it's easy to fire McAdoo since he wasn't doing good anyways.

It's simple. The owner said if future games get out of hand, let the other guys play some.

The coach told Eli, you'll start but Geno or Davis will play the second half. But you'll start you keep your streak alive.

Eli said that tarnishes the streak and i want to play to win.

There are a hundred other reasons to fire McAdoo, but this just piles on top.

I'd fire him at half time, telling him "We let you start but someone else is going to finish!"

I would have fired him after the San Francisco loss. Or the Rams loss. Or after he announced he would bench Eli.

Any of those would have worked.