3.Pierce Kiesler - St.Xavier

4.Solomon Mathis - KCD

5.Jaago Kalakon - Waggener

6.Noah Hawkins - DuPont Manual

7.Hunter McCutchen - Male

8.Justin Powell - Trinity

9.Milton Wright - CAL

10.James Taylor - St.Xavier

Thanks Pikeville Cat. Considering the multiple errors noticed in other region previews they did a pretty good job with these two except the listing of KCD twice. Hopefully the posters who follow these two regions can make comments. Several opinions from me include:

*Justin Powell is ranked way too low in the 7th. He is a Top 3 guy along with his teammates. Trinity is loaded, they have the top 3 players hands down in that region. My #1 pick for the State right now heading into the season.

*Ballard is ranked #2 which I feel is right where they belong, but interestingly they have no players in the Top 10 which I tend to also agree. Their system and coaching is what will make these very good players tough to beat.

*Waggener is going to surprise some people, might be as good a record as last season despite losing two D-1 players.

*DeSales big man in 6th, Ethan Driscoll, should be in top 10 but not sure who to move out as they are all deserving ahead of him.

*Fern Creek deserves the #1 spot based on what they accomplished. Wales is a two time All-6th Region 1st team and Price was 1st team last year. Both have started their entire careers. We will learn quickly if that is the case as FC will be tested right out of the gate with PRP and Ballard on the road as their opening games.

*Valley lost several top players so it will be an interesting team to watch to see if they can repeat the success from last season. I would swap Lewis and Wilson in the rankings, Lewis does it all.

Thanks Pikeville Cat. Considering the multiple errors noticed in other region previews they did a pretty good job with these two except the listing of KCD twice. Hopefully the posters who follow these two regions can make comments. Several opinions from me include:

*Justin Powell is ranked way too low in the 7th. He is a Top 3 guy along with his teammates. Trinity is loaded, they have the top 3 players hands down in that region. My #1 pick for the State right now heading into the season.

*Ballard is ranked #2 which I feel is right where they belong, but interestingly they have no players in the Top 10 which I tend to also agree. Their system and coaching is what will make these very good players tough to beat.

*Waggener is going to surprise some people, might be as good a record as last season despite losing two D-1 players.

*DeSales big man in 6th, Ethan Driscoll, should be in top 10 but not sure who to move out as they are all deserving ahead of him.

*Fern Creek deserves the #1 spot based on what they accomplished. Wales is a two time All-6th Region 1st team and Price was 1st team last year. Both have started their entire careers. We will learn quickly if that is the case as FC will be tested right out of the gate with PRP and Ballard on the road as their opening games.

*Valley lost several top players so it will be an interesting team to watch to see if they can repeat the success from last season. I would swap Lewis and Wilson in the rankings, Lewis does it all.

Man I just love your input can't wait for the season to start

Hard for me to say this being a Crimson fan (lol), but Male should probably be top 5 or 6 in the 7th region. They have a very talented sophomore group and are well coached.

Also, I believe Butler is probably top two in the 6th region. I think they will give Fern Creek a run for their money this season. Butler has two kids that deserve consideration for top 10 players in the region in Michael Burns and Jaquay Wales.

Iroquois will be much improved also and will find its way into the top 10 of the region as the season moves along.

Ethan Driskell is a senior center for Holy Cross.

Ethan Driskell is a senior center for Holy Cross.

Thanks, I knew he was at HC and took a stab at the spelling. Point is that he is underrated and my slip up underscores that. With his size in a region that lacks very many big men, he can do some damage. The big football player at DeSales who plays center is also very tough. Watching those two play against each other would be fun if you appreciate the battle in the paint.

Would love to live long enough to see Trinity take another state championship.talent wise, they are set up to do that very thing this year.

You may get your wish this season Sinbad. Trinity is very good and if not this year they will be even better next season.

Thanks, I knew he was at HC and took a stab at the spelling. Point is that he is underrated and my slip up underscores that. With his size in a region that lacks very many big men, he can do some damage. The big football player at DeSales who plays center is also very tough. Watching those two play against each other would be fun if you appreciate the battle in the paint.

Driskell also plays football. IIRC, he starts both at OL and DL (I know I saw him on the field vs. KCD).