Tropical Storm Cindy (Invest 93L)

nWo

I'm keeping an eye on two disturbances that may develop into Cyclonic Formation in the next 5 days. One located near Honduras and the other one 1600 miles east-southeast of the Windward Islands. Will update when information warrants it.

two_atl_0d0.png

The National Hurricane Center is scheduled to send Hurricane Hunter Aircraft to investigate the system in the NW Caribbean Sea on Sunday afternoon. If they do the system will be call Invest 93L. This would be the storm where the possible 5 day development track is in red.

two_atl_5d0.png

What are the odds that Key West will be impacted in any way by this? Leaving for there in 6 days.
There still is an uncertainty to the track of the system number 1 which is Invest 93L. The modeling data has one track going toward Flordia and one has it going towards Texas.

The National Hurricane Center maybe sending a Hurricane Hunter aircraft out today. Here is a map for the next few days. I will be keeping a close eye on it for you.

054743_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

First let me make a correction. The map I posted this morning wasn't the correct one for Invest 93L. It was for the second system. My apologies for any problems my mistake may have caused.

Monday evening update. Invest 93L may become a tropical storm soon. This system looks to make landfall in the Louisiana area.

The following maps show its predicted track and tropical storm warnings for the Louisiana coast.

205153.png

205153_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

205153_earliest_reasonable_toa_no_wsp_34.png

205153_most_likely_toa_no_wsp_34.png

Update on Invest 93L. It may become a tropical storm today. If it does I believe it will be called Cindy. Those from Texas to the Florida Panhandle should pay attention to this storm. There is a possibility of these storm slowing somewhat and strengthening. By landfall maybe just below a category 1 hurricane. Update later today.

055332_most_likely_toa_34.png

055332_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

99ewbg.gif

32-nodither.gif

The storm formally known as Invest 93L is now Tropical Storm Cindy.

203826_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

203826_earliest_reasonable_toa_no_wsp_34.png

203826WPCQPF_sm.gif

The remnants of Cindy could affect our weather this weekend. Here is what the NAM is showing for precipitation accumulations for parts of Kentucky. Some could see upwards to 5" of rain. Flooding will be a concern with that much rain falling. I will update in the morning.

qpf_048h.us_ov.jpg

Rain fall totals for much of Kentucky has gone up with the latest NAM model run. Flooding looks to be a real issue this upcoming weekend. Very heavy rain is possible over much of Kentucky with the remnants of Tropical Storm Cindy passing over Kentucky. Widespread 2-5" will be possible. This runs shows some may be upwards to 6". I will update later.

qpf_048h.us_ov.jpg

99ewbg.gif

Let's get to what's really important...is my daughter going to have a softball tournament in Danville this Saturday or not?

I really don't see how. Just took a quick look at the latest NAM forecast for rain accumulations. In the Danville area it is showing 4-5" of rain by 7 am EDT Saturday morning. Much of that falling in a 24 hour period. Almost 6" over the entire weather event. I'll post a more detailed forecast later this evening.

The Weather Prediction Center has now moved Kentucky in a Slight Risk Area for excessive rain.

99ewbg.gif

The National Weather Service has much of Kentucky with a possible chance for significant river flooding this weekend.

latest_fop.jpg

I guess I'll be working on the lake house this weekend versus boating! We need a couple of more days to wrap it up and have a crap load of folks coming down the 4th week, so I'm not too upset.