Covington Catholic 3 North Hardin 0

Soccer school

It be hard to argue if they win back to back! I always felt that Cov Cath's soccer program should have been stronger than it was. Great to see where it belongs as one of the states best.

This will make 5 years in a row where Cov Cath will be at least the runner up in a non classed sport. CCH is also the last NKY school to win a state championship in soccer, basketball, baseball, golf, and swimming. Shows the hard work of all the different athletes. Bring it home Colonels!

It be hard to argue if they win back to back! I always felt that Cov Cath's soccer program should have been stronger than it was. Great to see where it belongs as one of the states best.

This will make 5 years in a row where Cov Cath will be at least the runner up in a non classed sport. CCH is also the last NKY school to win a state championship in soccer, basketball, baseball, golf, and swimming. Shows the hard work of all the different athletes. Bring it home Colonels!

AND.....Last year they set records average SAT Scores.....

......and we finally get lights after this year's fall sports seasons.....

Craziest stat: 5th straight clean sheet for the Colonels in the State Tourney, last year Semi's and Finals, and 1st 3 games this year. Nuts!!!

Unlikely to get another CS on Saturday, but I will settle for a win any way they can get it.

Agree that another clean sheet will be tough to obtain on Saturday against Daviess but they are on a great roll defensively. Also, consider that of the five defensive starters this year for CCH (goalkeeper and four defenders), none were starters last season for the state champion team. The Colonels currently start four juniors and a senior in the back with the only senior being Mike Vogt.

Good, hard fought game by both teams. Similar to the Daviess/Dunbar match game closer then the score, but make no mistake both fair results. CCH once again plays their game. I thought #3 for NH simply wore himself out playing 60% of the field. Clearly their only real threat just had nothing in the tank at the end of the first half and most of the second, can't blame the kid for his effort. Congratulations CCH on the win and good luck on Saturday.