Greenwood 68 Warren Central 67

Greenwood ended the game on a 12-0 run. They scored 26 in the fourth quarter, exactly one week after they scored 24 in a game. I don't know how many threes they hit in the game, but I'm going to guess it was around 10-12.

It was ultimately meaningless, but I don't think anyone on the Central side would disagree that it was pretty inexcusable. They really played lackluster for huge chunks of time, and yet still led by 15 at one point, and by 11 with around 3 minutes left in the game. They missed two free throws when up 67-63, and the front end of a 1 and 1 when up 67-66. They fouled on a three point attempt in between those two failures at the foul line. They took a shot from the elbow when up 67-60 with 1:20 left (instead of bleeding the clock as they rightfully should have when Greenwood still had to foul three more times just to force the bonus). An avalanche of mistakes after yet another time when it looked like they were turning the corner. The book on this game was very much like the book on their losses to Barren County and Franklin-Simpson at the beginning of January - settled for three, after three, after three, and when they didn't fall, they continued settling for them. Just an incredibly disappointing game, but hopefully an eye opener that lets them remember that this isn't like it has been for years, there are no gimmies. Come to play, or you may lose.

It was Greenwood's first win against Central at Warren Central in 16 years. 16 YEARS.