Conner 4 Dixie Heights 3

I was told a couple of dropped fly balls in the 7th was the undoing of the Red Colonels.

I bet most teams that lose do so often times because of D. Fastpitch, unlike baseball, is such a game of get it in play and pressure the defense.

If your pitcher is NOT Kirsten Allen you better be able to catch the ball on a consistent basis.

I talked to someone there and he said they were not easy plays. He said they were too shallow and made the play tougher since they had to go back on the ball.

I was told Conner may have had more errors than Dixie.

No they were not easy plays. The last play, was a very hard hit ball by Biz and the centerfielder was a little shallow and I was surprised she actually was able to get back and make a play on the ball. It was a great game and very fun to watch. Dixie is a very strong team and everyone puts the bat on the ball. I would not want to face them in regionals and they are much better than people think. Again great game for those in attendance.

Agree with Cardinal 101. To say the center fielder dropped those balls would be unfair to her. They were hard hit balls that she had to go a long way to catch. Could she have caught them? Yes, but it would have been a heck of a play. I also agree that Dixie is flying under the radar right now. They have played a very tough non conference schedule that has accounted for most of their losses. Very solid well coached team with some great young talent. They will see some regional play is my guess.