What Makes A Good State Ring Design?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

All Tell's thread asking for comments on the 2014 Trinity football state championship ring got me to thinking...what makes a good state championship ring design? (Besides your team's name on the ring.)

So, BGPers, if you were designing a state ring, what would you put on it? What are some must-haves and would-not-haves, if you were calling the shots on the design?

All Tell's thread asking for comments on the 2014 Trinity football state championship ring got me to thinking...what makes a good state championship ring design? (Besides your team's name on the ring.)

So, BGPers, if you were designing a state ring, what would you put on it? What are some must-haves and would-not-haves, if you were calling the shots on the design?

One that says "Mason County" on it.

...it's like I was anticipating you.

Some kind of reference to the significance of the title. If your school has won five titles, then maybe five of some type of design (star or something) around the face of the ring would be a nice touch. Obviously can't do that with some schools, but just an example. Something personal to that school/team that makes it different from everyone else.