Lexington Catholic 9 Dunbar 2

Lexington Catholic was impressive with a 9-2 win over Dunbar. Taylor Martin threw very well, had a no-hitter until the 6th. Catholic had 10 hits and threatened to score each inning. This game and Catholics game tonight with Lafayette will go along way in determining this district.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Sounds like Catholic going to be hard to handle,was Martin that good or Dunbar that bad??what about Catholic losing one of their pitchers ,how big deal is that going to be.I assume Arther will pitch against Lafayette tonight.

Dunbar was a nice team. They made some nice defensive plays. Without those they could have been run-ruled. Martin was on last night at least for the first six innings and then had a little control issue. I believe this was Dunbar's first loss by a Kentucky team. As i understand the pitcher that got hurt will be back at some point. I don't think he was one of their top four or so pitchers. They could throw Haynes or Arther, but i would guess Arther.

Dunbar is a good team, they have beaten Male, Tates Creek and Bryan Station already. They have been hitting it really well. I think the big 6th inning for Lex Cath may have contributed to some of Martins control problem in the 7th. That was a long time to sit, Dunbar used 3 pithers in the inning.

The hurt pitcher is Carroll, who is #3, and is a huge loss, not sure how long he will be out. Arthur should be throwing tonight against Shaftner, with Haynes and Fraliex going this weekend.