Woodford County 27 South Oldham 12

WOFOJP61

Speed kills. Woodford's defensive rush was the difference in the game, as South QB Christian Wallace was running for his life all night.

Woodford blocked the first THREE South Oldham punts...two gave WC the ball inside the South 20, and one resulted in a Woodford recovery in the EZ for a TD.

South, however, is MUCH improved. The defensive front got tremendous pressure on the Woodford QB, and repeatedly came up with big plays despite being put in tough situations.

In the end, after South had taken a 12-10 lead, Woodford County wore them down to win by keeping the SOHS offense off the field most of the second half.

I was real impressed by the efforts of South running backs Jake Nichter and Michael Gray; WR R. J. Graziul also looked good on both offense and on defense as a DB. He deflected numerous passes, including a couple that would have been sure TDs. Jon Derringer was impressive for South on the DL, and Corey Goodlett was solid at LB.

I doubt the South losing streak goes much longer...in fact, I look for them to win this Friday (in a tough matchup) with Henry County.