Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NUMBER 1 FAN

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NUMBER 1 FAN

  1. Ryle has a very talented class comming in. they should be in the mix and the following year they will be loaded.
  2. Most of the student fans need to watch what they are saying. When Ryle beat St Henry there were some not so nice things said by the SH students. The chanting back and fourth is fun but it gets out of hand at times.
  3. Who has GC lost to this season???
  4. Go read the book "Laws of Leadership" by John C. Maxwell and you will understand what I am talking about. Rome was not build in a day. You might consider giving the kid a break. There are several steps involved in becoming a leader.
  5. I did see him getting the other players water during the game, which I thought was a humble thing for him to do for the other players. I am sure some may think that to be a small effort but for a starter regardless of the sport it is a large step towards leadership. He also encouraged each player as they came off of the floor. I would certainly rather see him laugh about what was being said than react negative. The fans were directing name calling towards other players also. It did not seem to be a big deal to any of the players.
  6. I think Mitch sees the floor better and is able to get the ball in down low better. Clay should have his shooting confidence back after this game.Tate has to be one of the stronger players on the post in the area. The only other player that I can think of that would be a physical challenge would be the kid from Dixie (Mace). They paired off back in the summer and it was fun to watch the 2 of them go at it. The weight room has done wonders.
  7. Back to the real issue. Ryle has lost close games in the 4th period. Up to that point they have many times controled the game. They are bigger than most teams they have faced. What is going on with them???? It looked to me that they were trying to shoot with Cov Cath and at least in this game they were not going to match up at all shot for shot. I think if they had went inside the out come may have been different. Any other opinions??
  8. I loved the physical play down low. I really liked seeing a soph knock a sr around down on the post. Cov Cath's 40 was doing his best to try push Ryle's 35 around.
  9. Boy somebody must have really hurt your feelings. I am sorry that they did.
  10. They have others that will cover the inside. The loss will not hurt their inside game. The young man that is in question is not their biggest guy.
  11. Maybe young in age but certainly not in experince when you consider AAU play. The sophmores have played against AAU teams that can beat most varsity teams in Northern KY.
  12. Statistically Nichols earned a starting spot with his play the past 2 games. Certainly when you consider he plays close to a full JV game and has only been out of football for a short time. I am sure Coach Mullins is considering his options. I say put those on the floor who are producing. Nichols, Coleman, and McLeish work extremlly well together. They have played basketball together for a number of years.
  13. He is not eligible to play.
  14. Maybe JV but IMO not varsity. To many other old kids in front of him that are better or just as good.
  15. Ahern, Helmer, Maley, Russell, and Porter with a lot of subs so I would guess that the line up is not set for sure. The football players are rusty.
  16. Ryle looked pretty good although they did miss a number of shots. They got after the ball and played pretty good D. It was clear that this was the first game for them and they have a lot of things to work on but I think that it was a good start for them and something they can build on. I did not expect the slow offence that Tate's Creek ran. I was expecting them to run the floor hard. I thought they had a lot of talent but they did not out match Ryle that much. Both teams looked like they were just getting their feet wet with the first game.
  17. They were very quick and pushed them inside.
  18. I think that it is a bad idea to have him on the field that much when the QB list is not that deep on the sideline. But I am only a voice in the stands. He does have a lot of talent but it sure is a risk to stick him out there.
  19. ????????? Can you please explain what you are talking about. Who was the team they played?
  20. The out come of the regular season game between Boone and Ryle could have been a flip of a coin. It came down to a yellow flag.
  21. See ya on the field!!!! No need to talk about it now.
  22. NUMBER 1 FAN replied to a post in a topic in KY Football (High School)
    I think that they just tell him to run up and down the field until he gets tired. It is a real shame.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.