Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jude

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jude

  1. I personally contacted Riddell and another company to see if they were aware of the morgan county situation and they both were aware. One was not willing to help at this time but Riddell equipment took the coaches information and said they were already aware of the situation and would do what they could to help. I know it's not much but there are people out there that care about what these kids have lost. I don't know the specifics of what other teams have done but please don't make the comment that noone has reached out to them. There are people that care. There are people here in Lawrence County that have lost their homes and loved ones, but they still take the time to pray for those in other counties that have lost so much. Believe me when i say that i know what they are going through and we do care about those kids losing so much. They will remain in our prayers and i personally hope they come back stronger than ever.
  2. Congratulations to JJ. I know that he'll be very succesful at EKU. As far as speed at that level. I think everyone at EKU will be very pleased with the speed he has.
  3. I'm pulling for Belfry but I really have a hard time thinking that Central can be beat at this point. They are playing so well and Wales is a beast. I talked to JJ Jude about Wales on Sunday and he had nothing but good things to say about Wales and his run at another state title and at breaking the record. Good luck to both teams and good luck to Wales on his run at the rushing record. I'm confident he'd prefer another State Title over the record any day. I hope Wales decides to play college ball in-state. He'd be fun to watch for another 4 years.
  4. I have only seen a few highlands QB's but I have to say that Towles is the most talented High School QB I've ever had the pleasure of watching live. I hate that they beet JC but it was great to watch him will them to that win last year. As far as the points record I would like to see what percentage of those were scored in the first half of games as opposed to the second half? Just curious if they really back off in the second half like everyone says they do?
  5. Congrats to Belfry! Great team with great coaches. LC will be ready next year to see if we can take that next step. Great season even with this loss.
  6. Congratulations all you Highlands fans. Towles with 400+ yards and a great all around team effort. Good win and a chance to play CCH next week. After the loss back in 99 I swore that I would always cheer for anyone that was playing against Highlands but i will have a hard time cheering against towles. He is such a talented young man. Good luck next week and let's just say that while I can't bring myself to support Highlands I at least won't be upset if they win it all again. Begrudgingly i have to admit they've earned that much respect. LOL....
  7. Thanks Birdsfan... I appreciate the updates!!
  8. Old joke on here bobcatfan...
  9. You could have been polite and lied to me JB? LOL.....
  10. ??? I am sooooo sorry i didn't go to this game!!!!
  11. That may be one of my favorite quotes of all time on here Birdsfan!!!!!
  12. Watusi, You've seen 5 of the 6 all time leading rushersl!!!! Then the next question is the obvious one. You're probably one of the very few that have seen most of them in person so who in your opinion was the best? I'm very anxious to see this answer!!!!!!!
  13. LOL.... Believe me i'm not trying to make an argument for Towles over JJ but the fact is that everyone on here knows that I give credit where it's due and Towles is AWESOME.. SOOOO glad to have him at UK next year. With that being said I just don't know if it really hurts him that he really got pulled early from allot of blowouts? If you notice my last post i looked at it as what did his numbers "project" to be if he played the entire game? Maybe one of the Highlands faithful can do some number crunching and come up with something close? Could he actually be one of the more productive quarterbacks ever per minute played? Or do the numbers show that? Probably no way to figure this out, i'm just blabbing now....
  14. Correct me if i'm wrong here raiderbird but Towles played 1 quarter against Boyd County and was 7 for 8 with 122 yards passing. That projects out to a 28 for 32 night with 488 yards passing. I hear that Towles has had many games like this. How does that play into the Mr. Football voters minds. I watched him at Johnson Central last year on a bad ankle and he was AMAZING! In my opinion Highlands would have lost that game without him. I haven't really followed him this year. Is he consistently that good or does he have bad games?
  15. Who is it at this point? Who do you think and why? Please provide some stats or logical argument. Towles? Jude? Wales? Pick anyone from Trinity? I would give mine but that's a little to obvious... I guess the real question is if JC pulls off the upset tonight and JJ plays well would that put JJ ahead of Towles? Trust me i know it would be an upset but i'm just curious what you all think? If Highlands wins then loses to Cov Cath or Ashland and Central wins the state title with Wales then does he jump both of them? Should it just be given to Trinity and let them all share it? LOL... Couldn't resist that one. What other scenarios could play out to put someone ahead in the voting?
  16. The stats guys on here will know this one in a heartbeat. I'm under the impression that Homer did it but i don't know?
  17. The game plan will be the same as last year. If my memory is correct the first two drives for JC were over 10 plays and ate up some clock. The last drive was around 8 minutes long. JC tried to play a ball control game and eat up allot of clock and it worked well. JC had a chance at the end to even the score and just couldn't pull it in. As far as total yards for JJ, I would say around 90. I think he'll be more than happy to be used as a decoy very often. It worked against Belfry. Highlands isn't exactly going to be surprised by what they see against this team. It's the same thing they saw last year. This is not a game of who's the better coach. It's quite simply a game of "you know what's coming, now try to stop it". Another year of well balanced team play against smash mouth football. Like i've said many, many times. Highlands doesn't need stats or records or big talk from the fans, they have championships. When one of our eastern Ky teams takes that from them then we can get on here and run our mouths about how good Smash mouth, mountain football is.
  18. Should have known you'd be the one to answer that! LOL.... If I had half your football knowledge i'd win allot more arguments on this site!
  19. Nice article in Maxpreps http://www.maxpreps.com/news/NwTTuwfREeG-rAAmVebEWg/jj-jude-breaks-kentucky-rushing-record.htm
  20. http://www.maxpreps.com/news/NwTTuwfREeG-rAAmVebEWg/jj-jude-breaks-kentucky-rushing-record.htm Nice article in MaxPreps
  21. I may be wrong but didn't Paul Hornung play high school ball in KY. With that being said, I've watched Micheal West who is #5 on the all-time rushing yards list and JJ Jude who is #1 on the all-time list play and they were both amazing to watch. JJ is definitely the more powerful of the two and West was slightly faster. However when you talk about total package and truly "dominating" RB's i just don't know that i could pick either of them or the others that have been mentioned on this thread ahead of Alexander. Alexander was a beast and super fast. The total package and played good competition. I should be picking Micheal West or JJ Jude without hesitating but i never got to watch Alexander in person and the people that have seen all three in person don't hesitate to give the the edge to Alexander. You really can't argue with them? Statistics are great but they've never won a single game.....:idunno:
  22. According to todays reports JJ does have an offer from Eastern and has been talking on the phone to Kentucky.
  23. My heart and my vote is always with Lawrence County. With that being said even the most devoted LC fans would say that it would be an upset if we won. This coaching staff has done a very good job and these kids have worked really hard this year so I really do think we have a chance. The fact is that Belfry is just so darn good this year! They really have allot of talent and the coaching is obviously always great. Good Luck Dogs!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.