Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has anyone ever had back to back 3,000 yard rushing seasons?

Featured Replies

The stats guys on here will know this one in a heartbeat.

 

I'm under the impression that Homer did it but i don't know?

I honestly don't think Alexander did. I think it was just in '94 that he went over 3K rushing? Great question. Anybody else know for sure?

The KHSAA record book only shows 6 3,000 yard seasons in history, none of which were repeat producers:

 

3361 Frank Jones (Bath County 1969)

3258 JJ Jude (Johnson Central 2010)

3166 Shawn Alexander (Boone County 1994)

3076 Rees McShara (Boyle County 2009)

3044 Jeremy Simpson (Lincoln County 1993)

3003 Derek Homer (Ft. Knox 1996)

 

JJ needs 36 yards to become the 1st to go back to back.

  • Author

Thanks LCDAWGS19!

:thumb:No problem!

I've been privileged to see everyone on that list play except for Frank Jones. That is a good group.

  • Author

Watusi,

 

You've seen 5 of the 6 all time leading rushersl!!!! Then the next question is the obvious one. You're probably one of the very few that have seen most of them in person so who in your opinion was the best? I'm very anxious to see this answer!!!!!!!

Seems like when I was going to games in 1969 the teams usually played 9 regular season games, then 4 playoff games, I think. Does anyone know how many games Jones played to get his 3300 yards?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.