Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central vs. Belfry Predictions

Who wins? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Central and Belfry meet each other yet again in the State Championship. Can Belfry finally take Central? Will Central's Wales have another big game? What are your thoughts and predictions?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central wins again. Wales will set the rushing record.

 

Central 35

Belfry 6

  • Author
Central wins again. Wales will set the rushing record.

 

Central 35

Belfry 6

 

I don't think there's any way he can set the rushing record. I think he needs too many yards, doen't he?

 

Really hard for me to pick a winner in this game. I'd love for either team to win. I love the Yellowjackets. Just love the success Coach Scroggins is having. Love, love, love the band. :D Watusi is someone I call a friend and I'd love for the Pirates to bring one home for his sake. They're a program that seems to be "right" from top to bottom.

 

I can't pick this one with my heart, so I'll have to pick with my head. Sometimes, it's a shame there has to be a loser.

I don't think there's any way he can set the rushing record. I think he needs too many yards, doen't he?

 

Really hard for me to pick a winner in this game. I'd love for either team to win. I love the Yellowjackets. Just love the success Coach Scroggins is having. Love, love, love the band. :D Watusi is someone I call a friend and I'd love for the Pirates to bring one home for his sake. They're a program that seems to be "right" from top to bottom.

 

I can't pick this one with my heart, so I'll have to pick with my head. Sometimes, it's a shame there has to be a loser.

 

I think that he can not for sure 100%. Just going by what someone else said. He had over 300 last night. Maybe someone could enlighten us.

  • Author

In the Fort Campbell/Central fianl thread, I believe someone posted he was still 500 behind JJ.

In the Fort Campbell/Central fianl thread, I believe someone posted he was still 500 behind JJ.

 

I though that he was 500 before the game. But you could be right thanks.

  • Author
I though that he was 500 before the game. But you could be right thanks.

 

I could be completely wrong, though. I'm just going from what was posted in the other thread, so my info is only as good as hearsay. :D

  • Author

In truth, if Belfry is anything at all like they've been in the past games I've seen them play, it won't be easy for Wales to gain the kind of yardage he needs, regardless of the amount needed. I do think Central likely has the edge in the passing game. They don't pass often, but when they do, it seems they've gotten big plays out of that aspect of the game. I also give the edge to Central in special teams. Plus, I don't think their defense gets enough credit.

In truth, if Belfry is anything at all like they've been in the past games I've seen them play, it won't be easy for Wales to gain the kind of yardage he needs, regardless of the amount needed. I do think Central likely has the edge in the passing game. They don't pass often, but when they do, it seems they've gotten big plays out of that aspect of the game. I also give the edge to Central in special teams. Plus, I don't think their defense gets enough credit.

 

I think that Garrard had over 400 yards of total offense on them last night. Don't think Central will have any trouble.

  • Author
I think that Garrard has 400 yards rushing on them last night. Don't think Central will have any trouble.

 

Intereting. I didn't realize that. And according to this article in the Leaf Chronical, Wales has 2485 yards coming ino the Ft. Campbell game. If he got 300 last night, he'd be at 2785. I don't know what JJ's total was, so I still don't know if he could get the record. I definitely am rooting for him though. Coach Scroggins has definitely scheduled tough, so it wouldn't have been easy, by any means.

  • Author

According to the KHSAA website, Frank Jones (Bath County) had 3361 in 1969, and JJ Jude (Johnson Central) had 3258 in 2010. In order for Wales to get the record he'd have to have AT LEAST 576 in the State Championship game. I just don't see that happening.

Speed, speed, and more speed........Central 42 Belfry 14

I'd love to see Belfry pull it out. But, if I'm honest, I expect something similar to last year.

I think that Garrard had over 400 yards of total offense on them last night. Don't think Central will have any trouble.

 

Belfry was slow out of the gate, down 15-0 but once they settled down in the second quarter they went on a 28-6 run to take the lead. But I guess since Central shredded Bell Co., and shut them out then Belfry doesn't stand a chance. Belfry is a better team than last year, and in no way am I saying that they will win, but some of you guys are not giving Garrard enough credit, that team was pretty good, and played at home with a whole town behind them, Belfry pulled it out when it counted and they will be playing in Bowling Green, for a chance at a state title, thats all you can ask for as a Pirate fan.

Belfry was slow out of the gate, down 15-0 but once they settled down in the second quarter they went on a 28-6 run to take the lead. But I guess since Central shredded Bell Co., and shut them out then Belfry doesn't stand a chance. Belfry is a better team than last year, and in no way am I saying that they will win, but some of you guys are not giving Garrard enough credit, that team was pretty good, and played at home with a whole town behind them, Belfry pulled it out when it counted and they will be playing in Bowling Green, for a chance at a state title, thats all you can ask for as a Pirate fan.

 

I don't think anyone is basing their picks of Central on anything but Central. Belfry may be better, but Central is, at worst, likely equal to last year. Is Belfry 4 TD's better than last year?

 

But, I agree. A chance to play for the championship is all you can ask for. And, once there, anything can happen. I hope they prove me wrong. I like to see mountain teams win.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.