Everything posted by JohnnyDrama
-
Turf at Commonwealth - State Finals to Follow?
Lexington is the spot for the majority of the KHSAA championships now, with wrestling, cross country, track, tennis, baseball and boys' basketball already in the city. And it's a more centralized locale than Bowling Green for a big chunk of the state.
-
Class 5A Preseason Top 5
Bowling Green is tops till someone beats them. Will be interesting to see how 5A shakes out after that.
-
Meade County defensive coordinator Tim Mattingly named HC at Central Hardin
Broke the news to Meade County's players today. This is a really good hire for Central Hardin, IMO.
-
Steve Duncan steps down as Murray's head coach
Wonder if he could wind up at Central Hardin?
-
John Hardin 2014
It wouldn't surprise me to see them drop to 4-A. The school's enrollment has dipped, which forced the track and cross country teams to move from 3-A to 2-A in those sports.
-
BREAKING NEWS: Perry resigns at Central Hardin
Yep. He was an assistant for a year -- IIRC -- before taking over after Armes retired. Josh really is one of the good ones out there, but I don't see him leaving LaRue just yet.
-
Mascot Search
Always liked the Banshees from Bethlehem.
-
Highlands vs. Trinity
All this excitement over a meaningless game? I know it's Highlands-Trinity, but come on.
-
Trinity #2 in USA Today Preseason Top 25
Forgive me for saying this, but McCracken is a first-year program. I have trouble believing we have another Mercer County on our hands.
-
John Hardin Bulldogs
It is. But you rarely hear it called a hook and lateral -- it's almost always hook and ladder.
-
John Hardin Bulldogs
Hook and ladder, not latter.
-
Muhlenberg County stadium
Apologies if this has already been discussed or if I'm way off base on this, but ... How can a new stadium not have lights installed? I've heard the Meade County-Muhlenberg game has been moved to noon Saturday because of it. Is it true they don't have lights yet? EDIT: Mixed teams up. Central Hardin hosts Muhlenberg this year.
-
Will Madison Southern come to Trinity?
Hahahaha! I was beginning to wonder what a Katherine pay day was and how much she would pay me. Trinity's open dates are Sept. 20 and Oct. 25. Sept. 20 Louisville area schedule: St. X at Moeller, Central at Western, Ballard at Manual, John Hardin (featuring a top-10 recruit) at PRP. Those are just some of the games that weekend. Oct. 25 Louisville area schedule: Male at Manual, Fern Creek at Eastern, Seneca at Butler -- just to name a few, again. I doubt the Courier-Journal would even staff a Trinity-Madison Southern game, with no disrespect intended to MS, because of all the other games they would most likely staff on those weekends.
-
Open Dates - Last Call
Well then. Someone needs to update their schedule.
-
Will Madison Southern come to Trinity?
The only Kentucky teams which will play Trinity, and that's only because they have to, are its district opponents -- St. Xavier, Manual and Male. Why on earth would you think Madison Southern would want to play Trinity? "Big time RB" or not, Madison Southern wants no part of Trinity.
-
Open Dates - Last Call
Crittenden County plans on having only 9 games: Rocket Football Eastern had Collins listed on Sept. 13 Eastern HS (Louisville) (Louisville,KY) Boys Varsity Football - Scores and Schedule | High School Sports Shawnee's open dates are Oct. 18/Nov. 1, not Oct. 18/Oct. 25 Shawnee 2013 Kentucky High School Football Shelby County had Owen County listed on Sept. 6: Shelby County High School (Shelbyville,KY) Boys Varsity Football - Scores and Schedule | High School Sports Somerset had Bourbon County on Nov. 1: Somerset Independent Schools :: Athletics
-
Matt Elam named preseason Mr. Football by Max Preps
Elam received an offer from Tennessee today.
-
John Hardins Matt Elam Offered By Alabama
I get what you're saying, but not really. Elam is nowhere near the girth of Cody.
-
Open jobs already
What do you mean by "this time?" I haven't posted anything like this on here before that I can remember off the top of my head ...
-
Open jobs already
To clarify: old means former, not an old former coach.
-
Open jobs already
According to someone I'd trust with my life, if it ever comes to that, Knox has named a new (actually, old) coach.
-
Open jobs already
According to KHSAA, two head coaching jobs remain open: Bellevue and Dunbar. I haven't heard if Fort Knox has made a hire yet or not, but find it interesting that job is no longer listed.
-
Chris Engstrand to Green County?
I trust my sources, Dark Horse.
-
Chris Engstrand to Green County?
Also have heard Green wasn't the only place he interviewed.
-
Chris Engstrand to Green County?
Latest rumor mill is Engstrand got the Green County job. Can anyone confirm?