Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

J Livengood

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by J Livengood

  1. I said arguably.... didn't make an opinion either way on that... I do think Chambers is the POY, but to be honest you can throw those 4 in a hat.... any coach in the region would love to have any one of the four.... Like you said, if you look at the career numbers, you'll take Cline and Chambers... but to be honest, I was more impressed with Lee and Prewitt (even in a loss to Bourbon in a game I did on Feb. 1) the four times I saw them this year than with Chambers and Cline the two times I saw Mason play against Bourbon/Paris (even when Cline and Chambers had 30 and 26 against Bourbon in mid Feb...)
  2. It's so close to call between Prewitt and Chambers... let's break down the final region regular season statistics... Chambers 1st in scoring (21.7 ppg) 5th in rebounding (8 rpg) 13th in assist (2.3 apg) 7th in steals (2.5 spg) 2nd in 2 Pt. Shooting (56.5 percent) 1st in 3 pt. shooting (56.3 percent) 1st in free throw shooting (81.4 percent) Prewitt 7th in scoring (14.4 ppg) 1st in assist (5.3 apg)- 1st by a wide margin 1st in steals (3.6 spg) 5th in 2 pt. shooting (48.3 percent) 4th in free throw shooting (75.7 percent) Tight.... Montgomery has the better overall record, but I have to go with Chambers in a close close battle... 1. DeSarae Chambers 2. Maggie Prewitt 3. Lacey Cline 4. Mackenzie Lee 5. Molly Norton
  3. After seeing both teams multiple times, I think Mason arguably has the best two players (Chambers and Cline) but Montgomery has the better overall team... Mason is going to have to get production out of Menke and Smith to win... if they have decent nights, they got a real shot... Lee impresses me more every time I see her... solid all the way around.... Jelik will be a wild card for the Lady Indians... at times she looks like the best player on the floor... at other times she looks out of sync.... Another good battle between the two best teams in the region the past 4 or 5 years, but I'll take Montgomery again... Montgomery 64 Mason 58
  4. That's the truth... :lol: :thumb: I'm intrigued by the GRC-Mason matchup... last two matchups in region have been outstanding, GRC's youth vs. Mason's experience this go around... should be a fun contest... How good would a Knowles vs. Miller region take 3 have been... too bad Knowles is with Ricky P now.... I look for a Mason win, but closer than the 67-50 score from Feb. 8.... especially if guys like Purvis/Williams/Miller step up and have nice games...
  5. If Harrison plays the way it sounded like they played tonight (had to listen on radio) they may have a shot.... but Mason probably has a little too much offensive fire power.... Wouldn't rule out Mac's team though... Mason 56 Harrison 45
  6. The key to the game was the GRC full court pressure.... Bourbon had trouble with it, and GRC had too many easy baskets in the second half.... Great year for Bourbon... it was an honor to cover a good number of their games again this year on radio....
  7. I'm thinking Mason/Montomgery as well... After covering girls and boys 10th region action this year, I find the girls tournament much more compelling than the boys this year....
  8. Tough way to end the season for the Lady Colonels.... probably could have won 18-20 games but let several games get away from them.... Norton and Livengood #1 and #2 scorers in the school's history... pretty impressive.... Enjoying covering those two and all the seniors the past two years...
  9. Couldn't agree more, after covering Brooks the last couple of years, I dont think I have ever left a game saying he was outcoached... solid all teh way around... :thumb: Didn't get a chance to go, but obviously disappointing for the Lady Hounds... but like others have said in this thread, you could have thrown 2-4 in the 40th in a hat... best district in a very solid region...
  10. Didn't get a chance to go the game, but looks like Massie and crew have installed a winners attitude into the players... pretty impressive effort last week, and a winning effort this week.... The previous coaching staff was a solid bunch of people, but had bad luck getting kids to come out and play... and some of the kids they did get out really lacked a passion for the game.... Massie has been pretty successful in getting players out (had a good number of kids last year) and they actually play decently at times in some games last season even though scores wouldn't indicate that... From doing radio in previous seasons, I know the crowds have been down big time, hopefully the crowds pick up again and support the team and the local radio station will get the funding to cover the team for those who can't make it out.... From the looks of the schedule, they could win a couple more games before the regular season ends.... hopefully the team can build on tonight....
  11. Bourbon should have a better team, wont win only two games again... If I find out anything I'll post it, but it should be another quality field... Brentwood did not play in the KBS last season, but Oak Hill and a couple other out of state team did... I wouldn't be surprised to see Mason and Scott Co. along with the better Lexington schools, perhaps a Louisville school and one or two WKY teams... Bourbon has played mountain teams (Wolfe Co. and Harland) recently after getting killed by Brentwood in 2004...
  12. Talked a tad to one of the VCU assistants at the 10th region tournament, they have to be mighty disappointed.... Knowles is defintely good enough to contribute in the BEast...
  13. Way to go bro... good luck to ya...
  14. Usually your right, but I can vouch that he was there, I had to sit next to him for nearly 2 hours... and he really does sweat a ton... :lol: it was a pleasure talking basketball with him however, seems like a really great guy... Miller played a C game today, but he made some big shots in the fourth quarter when he needed them... Brossart needed this game in the 40's, and unfortunately for them the score was very similar to last year's results in the semi's, a game they also lost in similar fashion.... Can't make it to the final tommorrow, but I look for just as good of a game as last year....
  15. I'll be at the boys semi's on Saturday (some of you will know me when you see me), but unfortunately will not be able to go on Sunday.... I hate missing the final....
  16. Bourbon was just down 13 at half... but the athleticism of the cardinals was too much int he final two stanzas... especially Jones inside, 12 of his 14 came in the second half... I'm in belief that the 40th district next year will be more wide open, and Bourbon certainly will not go 2-24 again... Special shoutout to those who listened to me this year on radio, makes my "job" fun... look forward to next season...
  17. Games will be covered on 90.7 FM The Wind, with Johnny Livengood (me) with the play by play of the Montgomery-Bourbon contest at 6 PM... Anyone want to throw out some predictions?
  18. The Bourbon-Montgomery Girls and Bourbon-GRC Boys game will be covered on 90.7 FM The Wind... with Johnny Livengood with the play by play...
  19. The Berea-Nicholas Co. game will be covered on 90.7 FM The Wind tonight, starting around 7:15.... Should be interesting to see how they do without those two... Willoughby is a pretty good ballplayer (averaged over 17 ppg, including 20 last Thursday night against Paris), but they have a freshman in Kyle Campbell who is averging over 16 a game... The problem with Nicholas has been balanced scoring, it's been Willoughby, Campbell, and little else... losing a piece of that puzzle isn't going to help them next week, but Berea only has one win... should be interesting how things play out...
  20. correct... went to their website yesterday and they have a wonderful photo up of the team with a schedule... but no roster
  21. Anyone got it? I emailed the local newspaper, coaching staff several days ago and have got zip. I am covering them Thursday Night and would like to get a head start... you can PM it to me if you have it... :thumb: Thanks J Livengood
  22. If anyone has it, could you please PM it too me, I am covering one of their games this week and would like to get a head start on preparing... :thumb:
  23. I had it Cowanewe on my sheet so I would remember how to say it, so be pleased I spelled it the way I did... :}
  24. This game was covered on 90.7 FM The Wind, with Johnny Livengood (me) with the call.... I was really impressed with Figgins, kid has a nice stroke.... Bracken Co. (7-13)- Dana Figgins 19, Chelsea Ahrens 10, Tiffany McDowell 8, Tara Kiuwani 8, Haley Ware 6, Brittany Jefferson 3, Katelyn Meyer 2 Nicholas Co. (7-14)- Tiffany Wilson 13, Tara Wilson 11, Brandi Messick 8, Brittnie Sosby 5, Petrea Mitchell 4, Shelby Sosby 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.