Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC 52 Paris 37

Featured Replies

Great win by the Lady Cards. They advance and will face the Lady Indins tomorrow night for the district championship.

 

Way to go girls.:dancingpa

 

I also want to congratulate Paris on a great season.

Wow, tough loss for Paris. Is this considered an upset? I'm surprised that they allowed 52 points to GRC. Nice win by the Cards, nonetheless.

 

Anyone have any info on this game? Could be a good district championship game, but Montgomery will be too much and will win it by 10-15 points.

  • Author
Wow, tough loss for Paris. Is this considered an upset? I'm surprised that they allowed 52 points to GRC. Nice win by the Cards, nonetheless.

 

Anyone have any info on this game? Could be a good district championship game, but Montgomery will be too much and will win it by 10-15 points.

 

No upset. They split in the regular season and both were close games. Both GRC and Paris are rated in the top 5 in the region.Half time score was GRC 19-Paris 16. The Lady Cards played much better and starting hitting their shots in the second half.

Nice win. Congrats Lady Cards!

It seems as though GRC had a game plan and accomplished it by mixing man to man defense and a 1-3-1 zone. The Ladyhounds were just flat outcoached.

I think most folks considered this one to be a tossup. Congratulations to the Lady Cardinals!

  • Author
I think most folks considered this one to be a tossup. Congratulations to the Lady Cardinals!

 

 

Clark (12-15) and the Lady Greyhounds split a pair of games during the regular season by a combined margin of nine points. The Lady Cards came away with a 44-38 win at Paris on Dec. 7, while the Lady Greyhounds (17-9) returned the favor on Jan. 11.

 

 

I agree. All 4 teams in the 40th district were rated in the top 5 in the region. Most difficult district in the 10th region to advance.

  • Author

40th District at Clark Co.

CLARK CO. (12-15) — J. Rogers 8, Montgomery 2,

Wallace 11, P. Rogers 9, Hollon 12, Black 2, Henry 5,

Jones 3.

PARIS (17-10) — Davis 7, Pacas 9, Hinkson 7,

Jones 10, Brooks 2, Forsythe 2.

Clark Co. . . . . . . . . . .6 13 14 19—52

Paris . . . . . . . . . . . .11 5 8 13—37

This definitely wasn't the same Paris team we saw a month ago in the class A state. Their defensive intensity wasn't there last night and that is what has carried them through the season. Also I give credit to the zone defense Clark played. Paris couldn;t get to the basket at all and when they did they were having to force shots. Congrats to Clark County. They wanted this game more and it showed.

It seems as though GRC had a game plan and accomplished it by mixing man to man defense and a 1-3-1 zone. The Ladyhounds were just flat outcoached.

 

I don't know that he got out coached, but he did have some questionable calls early in the game.

  • Author
I don't know that he got out coached, but he did have some questionable calls early in the game.

 

Questionable calls went both ways.

Questionable calls went both ways.

 

I don't know, the call for the zone defense was probably the best all season. I don't remember Clark playing a zone in the previous two meetings.

  • Author
I don't know, the call for the zone defense was probably the best all season. I don't remember Clark playing a zone in the previous two meetings.

 

:lol: Sorry I thought you were talking about the refs...:lol:

It seems as though GRC had a game plan and accomplished it by mixing man to man defense and a 1-3-1 zone. The Ladyhounds were just flat outcoached.

 

I was going to ask ezdogg to expand on this as well.

 

I don't know if I've ever seen a coach coach a perfect game and contrary to many parents beliefs, I rarely see coaches make flat out boneheaded decisions like some on BGP suggest, but I would offer that I've also never seen a single coach in the state miss a layup or a freethrow.

 

Congrats to GRC and good luck tonight and next week.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.