Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC 52 Paris 37

Featured Replies

I was going to ask ezdogg to expand on this as well.

 

I don't know if I've ever seen a coach coach a perfect game and contrary to many parents beliefs, I rarely see coaches make flat out boneheaded decisions like some on BGP suggest, but I would offer that I've also never seen a single coach in the state miss a layup or a freethrow.

Congrats to GRC and good luck tonight and next week.

 

:lol:

Hawgball, I would offer that I've also never seen a player send in a substitute with limited playing time in a game that is do or die. I have also never seen a player call a time out and tell the team to change offenses or defenses or recognize what the players are doing wrong. These are all coaching responsibilities not players.

ezdogg, I guess you and I view things differently.

 

When a gameplan is not going the way the coach would like, it is his responsibility to try to make adjustments through personnel or strategy, which is what I think you were refering to. If that's getting outcoached, then we just view that term differently.

 

Ultimately, it was just not Paris' night. The kids didn't try to miss shots or make mistakes, but that was their undoing.

I just picked up on this.

 

After having seen Paris in the 10th Region "A" and State "A" tournaments I thought that the Lady Hounds would certainly advance to the 10th Regional Tournament.

 

I was surprised not only that Clark County beat them, but also by the margain of victory. Perhaps their one point loss in the district finals to Montgomery County validates their victory over Paris.

 

As far as being outcoached, I've watched Coach Terence Brooks from a distance since he took over the reins of a very mediocre girls basketball program at Paris and elevated it to the ranks of a perennial "A" contender and 10th Region at large contender. This man knows what he's doing and gets the best out of the girls who play for him.

Often game plans go south, or another team catches fire, or perhaps his team didn't match up well with the Lady Cards, but, trust me on this one - the man didn't get outcoached nor will he ever get outcoached.

 

Congrats to the Lady Cards!

I just picked up on this.

 

After having seen Paris in the 10th Region "A" and State "A" tournaments I thought that the Lady Hounds would certainly advance to the 10th Regional Tournament.

 

I was surprised not only that Clark County beat them, but also by the margain of victory. Perhaps their one point loss in the district finals to Montgomery County validates their victory over Paris.

 

As far as being outcoached, I've watched Coach Terence Brooks from a distance since he took over the reins of a very mediocre girls basketball program at Paris and elevated it to the ranks of a perennial "A" contender and 10th Region at large contender. This man knows what he's doing and gets the best out of the girls who play for him.

Often game plans go south, or another team catches fire, or perhaps his team didn't match up well with the Lady Cards, but, trust me on this one - the man didn't get outcoached nor will he ever get outcoached.

 

Congrats to the Lady Cards!

 

 

Couldn't agree more, after covering Brooks the last couple of years, I dont think I have ever left a game saying he was outcoached... solid all teh way around... :thumb:

 

Didn't get a chance to go, but obviously disappointing for the Lady Hounds... but like others have said in this thread, you could have thrown 2-4 in the 40th in a hat... best district in a very solid region...

Couldn't agree more, after covering Brooks the last couple of years, I dont think I have ever left a game saying he was outcoached... solid all teh way around... :thumb:

 

Didn't get a chance to go, but obviously disappointing for the Lady Hounds... but like others have said in this thread, you could have thrown 2-4 in the 40th in a hat... best district in a very solid region...

 

I couldn't agree more. If i had to choose a coach from the 10th Region to coach my kid, Terence Brooks would been my choice. Actually, it's not even a hard decision. To have as good a season as Paris had with dealing with the bad shooting all season long, I'd say he deserves Coach of the Year. Not too many coaches can win games knowing that their team is probably not going to shoot the ball well. How many coaches can get their team to the All A State Championship game with no offense?

 

To say he got outcoached is absurd. Paris' bad shooting just finally caught up with them. And you have to give Clark Co credit too because they were able to knock down shoots. I agree with Hawgball, you can be the best coach in the world but if your team keeps missing free throws and continues to miss layups, you lower your chances of beating anybody.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.