Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. Weather should be nice in Richmond, but the playing surface is going to be WET....
  2. They change district alignments next year....Madison Central and GRC are with Henry Clay and Tates Creek.....I think Scott County is in with Bryan Station, Dunbar, and Lafayette....Shelby goes back to one of the Louisville districts
  3. Not sure what it is in Louisville...in Richmond it is channel 99, which is C-WKYT
  4. I think this show will actually be on the sister network since UK/UGA is on CBS at 12:30. I caught last week's show on CWKTY in Lexington and it was very good on the two teams from Texarkana...
  5. The top 5 are pretty clear cut in my opinion: 1) St. X 2) Trinity 3) Highlands 4) Boyle County 5) Bell County The next 5 are a little more fuzzy but I'll go with: 6) Boone County 7) Manual 8) Bowling Green 9) Lexington Catholic 10) Madison Central 11-15 is even more subjective, but mine would be Fort Campbell, Scott County, Belfry, Central, and Beechwood
  6. Not as bad as the Dunbar score, but close.....Rocks 49-0
  7. Madison Southern on a 14 game losing streak...
  8. The weather was rainy and cold in central KY last Friday night, but the crowds at Bryan Station (and the other Lex publics for that matter) are always pathetic....
  9. MC has a deep backfield with tons of speed and a big Oline, the passing game is average at best IMO. Their defense is more of what I would call a bend-but-don't-break type that will get eaten up by grind it out teams but forces timely turnovers. I would say this team is very comparable to the past 3 teams MC has fielded other than 2 things: 1. the trio of Shane King, Isiah Kavanaugh, and Keyshawn Simpson is a little better overall then previous backfields and 2. the linebackers are a little bigger and more physical since the 2003 team. I am not sure this will be a close game, but it will give the Birds a team that is probably as talented as any in 5A. This game (and the Boone County game next week) will give MC a measuring stick before the playoffs start, I am not sure they have a true identity yet as to where they fall after #1 and #2...
  10. Any details? I'm sure there wasn't much of a crowd since they were playing a winless team on a cold, rainy night. MC better focus this week because they are going to play a machine next Friday night...
  11. nWo, is there not radio broadcast for MC anymore? This is the first home game I have missed in a long time and I miss hearing Coach Roof on the radio...
  12. GRC could make the district seedings a little fuzzy with a win, however I think Scott County wins it 35-17.
  13. I agree. I've been watching these teams go head to head for years now and this is the worst beating I have seen in this series. The Dunbar teams of 2006 and 2007 didn't have great records, but were competitive in almost all of thier games minus a couple. Remember Dunbar beat Madison Central last year......I guess the boosters over there got what they wanted. :sssh:
  14. 21-0 not even 5 minutes into the game and 37-0 at the half. Dunbar has Lafayette, Trinity, and Boyle County left. :scared: Madison Central hosts Shelby County, travels to Highlands, then returns home to finish the season with Boone County.
  15. That was Louisville Central, Madison Central played the Birds close in the 1st half in Richmond last year.
  16. Madison Central is 6-1 and hosts Shelby County next Friday. The lone loss came at Scott County last week in a game they probably should have won at the end. The Indians have a talented team and should provide the Birds a good test, although I personally don't think the game will be close. I am considering making the trip again as well...
  17. The Lexington district seeds should go: 1 Lafayette 2 Henry Clay 3 Tates Creek 4 Dunbar
  18. Boone vs. either Madison Central/Scott County
  19. Scott County 2 - 0 Madison Central 1 - 1 GRC 1 -1 Shelby County 0 - 2 A GRC win over Scott County could make things interesting
  20. I knew Southern was bad, but wow.
  21. Madison Central had their chances in this one....up 14-0 in the first half and went for a fake punt which was intercepted that completely changed the momentum in the game. MC again had their chances to win at the end of the game with the ball at the 5 yard line but 2 straight penalties forced a 40 yard field goal attempt that wasn't even close. I don't think this is a very good Scott County team, at least they didn't look like most of the Jim McKee teams I have seen the past few seasons. Paul Rains never lost to Scott County while at MC, the current staff has never beat the Cards (0-4). MC couldn't pass block a middle school team. They have the biggest offensive line they have had in years and can't give the QB 2 seconds to throw, they got exposed tonight. And I have been saying it all year....6A is flat out awful after the 1st two....some of these teams in the top ten wouldn't have sniffed it in years past.
  22. posting on my phone from game, MC tried fake punt up 14 to zip, Scott County intercepted it, momentum changed bigtime
  23. ^Madison Central's district (district 8) plays Male's district (district 4) in the first three rounds. The winner of that Region plays the winner of Region 3, which is the Lexington 6A distrct (7) and the NKY 6A district (6). At least this is how I interpret it from the KHSAA...
  24. No way MC should be ranked ahead of Trinity....and GRC or Mercer County have been their best opponents. The schedule gets better as the season goes for them as they have Scott County, Highlands, and Boone County remaining.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.