Bell County 65 Madison Southern 0

:scared:Congrats, Bell....WOW!!

Bell's defense was stifling!Bell was up 44-0 in first quarter! Don't know the stats. Bell did everything could to keep down the score. Played a lot of young players. Had to leave some defenders, etc. in a little longer since layoff last week and Sheldon Clark coming next week. Needed to try to get in a rhythm. Also Bell even went for a field goal with Merrick on first down in first half. Hilton got confused and sent him in for 67 yd. attempt.....to break the state record...it was just short...and would have been second longest in national high school history!

Bell's defense was stifling!Bell was up 44-0 in first quarter! Don't know the stats. Bell did everything could to keep down the score. Played a lot of young players. Had to leave some defenders, etc. in a little longer since layoff last week and Sheldon Clark coming next week. Needed to try to get in a rhythm. Also Bell even went for a field goal with Merrick on first down in first half. Hilton got confused and sent him in for 67 yd. attempt.....to break the state record...it was just short...and would have been second longest in national high school history!

Are you sure Hilton got confused? I bet he was hoping Merrick would make it and would have been nice if he had.

Are you sure Hilton got confused? I bet he was hoping Merrick would make it and would have been nice if he had.

I think he must, since it was on first down. State record is 58 yards. Nine yards would have secured the kick. It was first down. I don't believe they have ever attempted one that far even in scrimmage with a snap and hold. Merrick has made one from 71 with a tee and holder....also a breeze. There was no win on Log Mountain. Hopefully he will get other chances before it gets too cold to hit that distance.