Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 41 Lexington Catholic 0

Featured Replies

Final Score. I would say that the Birds have shown that they are not taking any game lightly after watching this one. Lex Cath has some really big athletic kids. This was a pretty good test. I think the most impressive stand was the Goal Line D holding Lex Cath on 4 and goal on the 1. Pretty impressive. Great win Birds and let's enjoy it tonight, but back to the grindstone tomorrow.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for the Birds agains what was definitely a tough opponent. The score doesn't give away the intensity of this battle. Lex Cath put together some good drives against the Birds' defense. But the Highlands "D" held tough in the trenches when they had to.

 

By the way, for anyone who was wondering, that wasn't me that got hit by the kicked ball at halftime. It was a young man in a wheelchair (I believe he had CP) from Paris, KY. He was so excited to be attending his very first Highlands game, having always wanted to see us play. I made sure to warn them about the cannon. They didn't know a thing about it. :cool: He jumped at every shot; but he loved it. Anyway, he wasn't hurt by the ball that landed square in his lap. In fact, I think he was honored to have gotten "in the game." :thumb:

  • Author

I think that the intensity that Michael Labor and the Birds D showed tonight really shined. I like the kid that I haven't seen before and his number is 69. I think he is pretty fast for a big fella. I noticed Dempsey and Bardo limping after a few hard hits and Roller looked like his shoulder got a little banged up. Hope those guys are OK for next week. I also was happy to see Conner in there taking some hits and easing his way back into the swing of things. I saw that one little swing pass/screen that he runs so well and it just showed us a glimpse of the old Josh Conner for a second. I don't think he's lost anything. I think he'll be back as good as new soon enough. It might be right in time to get some fresh legs out there for the playoffs. I do love watching Head running the ball and all I can think of is Chris Bermann when he makes that noise when a tough running back barrels through tacklers, that's Oliver. Crawford, again showed that there are very few people that can stop him around the corner from gaining atleast 10 yards a carry. Man he's fast. Good win Birds, lets just get healthy for next week now.

Birds are looking pretty strong in their preparations for another strong playoff run.

Highlands has a bye next week.

The Birds will be idle next week in preparation for their October 31 battle with a visiting Madison Central.

The Birds will be idle next week in preparation for their October 31 battle with a visiting Madison Central.

 

Is Madison Central looking good? For some reason I think I remember hearing they were but really can't remember and don't feel like looking. Though I likely will after I post this.

  • Author
Highlands has a bye next week.

 

That's a good thing and just in time for a little healing. I completely forgot the bye was next week. :creepy:

Is Madison Central looking good? For some reason I think I remember hearing they were but really can't remember and don't feel like looking. Though I likely will after I post this.

 

Madison Central is 6-1 and hosts Shelby County next Friday. The lone loss came at Scott County last week in a game they probably should have won at the end. The Indians have a talented team and should provide the Birds a good test, although I personally don't think the game will be close. I am considering making the trip again as well...

Madison Central is 6-1, with three shutouts.

I believe it was Madison Central that took a lead against the Bluebirds into the 4th Quarter last year was it not?

 

If true I think that MC might have a little confidence going into this game aaginst them.

I believe it was Madison Central that took a lead against the Bluebirds into the 4th Quarter last year was it not?
I think that was Louisville Central.
I believe it was Madison Central that took a lead against the Bluebirds into the 4th Quarter last year was it not?

 

If true I think that MC might have a little confidence going into this game aaginst them.

 

That was Louisville Central, Madison Central played the Birds close in the 1st half in Richmond last year.

I believe it was Madison Central that took a lead against the Bluebirds into the 4th Quarter last year was it not?

 

If true I think that MC might have a little confidence going into this game aaginst them.

 

I believe that was Louisville Central

Dang everybody jumped on that one! You'll have to forgive, my brain seems to have taken a day off today:lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.