Scott Co 24 Madison Central 21

I couldn't believe the AP poll showed MC ahead of the Rocks. Must have been an inebriated writer from Richmond. Any questions answered about competition in 6A for the state crown except T and X. Maybe some day but I just don't see it this year.

I don't want to throw any heavy stones but putting any other 6A team ahead of T or X this year shows a severe lack of knowledge and a serious flaw in the system.

I don't want to throw any heavy stones but putting any other 6A team ahead of T or X this year shows a severe lack of knowledge and a serious flaw in the system.

Very True. X has to be consensus #1 at this point and Trinity an uncontested #2 by any objective and knowledgeable voter. They should probably leave the next 8 spaces blank and start at #11 for the third best team.

Madison Central had their chances in this one....up 14-0 in the first half and went for a fake punt which was intercepted that completely changed the momentum in the game. MC again had their chances to win at the end of the game with the ball at the 5 yard line but 2 straight penalties forced a 40 yard field goal attempt that wasn't even close.

I don't think this is a very good Scott County team, at least they didn't look like most of the Jim McKee teams I have seen the past few seasons.

Paul Rains never lost to Scott County while at MC, the current staff has never beat the Cards (0-4).

MC couldn't pass block a middle school team. They have the biggest offensive line they have had in years and can't give the QB 2 seconds to throw, they got exposed tonight.

And I have been saying it all year....6A is flat out awful after the 1st two....some of these teams in the top ten wouldn't have sniffed it in years past.

Interesting stat about Rains and the current stat. I was debating that today. Turns out I was right. They haven't beaten Scott Co. Just wonder how much of that plays into the pysche of the kids and coaches. They certainly had their opportunities, but blew it. Yes, MC would have issues pass blocking a middle school team. Is it kids? or is it schemes?