Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OutlawJoseyWales

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales

  1. Right now, IMO it's Boyle Co then everyone else.
  2. IMO, he isn't ready to be a head coach. He needs some seasoning, structure and experience
  3. Harrison needs to bring Graham back if possible. IMO, he's probably the best candidate at this juncture. From what I understand, he's very interested.
  4. Boyd Co, Rowan, Harrison, Mason, Scott, Holmes.
  5. 6 coaches in the last 10 years. hasn't been a winning season since 2008. Over past six seasons....their record is something like 16-51. Painful to say the least
  6. Apparently Neil Furnish has stepped down at Harrison Co after going 0-10 last season. Rumor has it that he has accepted an assistant coaching position somewhere in Tennessee. 3 yr record was 10-22. Harrison has been a FLAT MESS for at least 10 years. Cryin' Shame
  7. Haywood has been at Belfry 34 years
  8. ^^^^ I've heard the same regarding Boyle and Corbin. Unless something changes....I believe both will be moving to 4A.
  9. It's going to be an interesting next six weeks. Still a lot of football left to be played....
  10. A lot of talk on here regarding Boyle Co. Is the consensus that Boyle has moved into the "favorite" position to win 3A? Just curious as to everyone's thoughts. Guessing Belfry and Corbin are curious as well
  11. Too much Boyle. IMO, they're destined to meet E town on Black Friday......
  12. IMO....this one is gonna be a slobbernocker. Great write up on the contest! Whether JC would be coming off a win or loss....all of that's irrelevant for this game. No love loss between schools, staffs and players. I will say there is a ton of respect between the two programs. I think being at Belfry does give the Pirates a slight advantage. Belfry has been a little beat up the past couple of weeks...but at this stage of the season, virtually everyone is dealing with a sprain, twist or break. Should be a 4 quarter affair, with Belfry putting up a score mid 4th qtr to move it out of reach. That being said....it wouldn't surprise me to see JC come out of this with a victory. BTW....for those who are thinking that anyone other than JC will advance to Kroger Field out of the east.....I just can't see it. IMO, no way Ashland beats JC a second time. Just my .02 cents worth.
  13. Not surprising. Football in this district is absolutely horrible. Hate to say it...but it's true
  14. As of now....seeing where Bourbon Co is the preseason favorite. Maxpreps I believe. IMO....It's gonna be another long year for this district as a whole. Has to be the weakest in 4A.....
  15. I know Greenup and Coach Hughes had to be very disappointed. They will bounce back.
  16. Harrison is not the typical Harrison Co team. This version is easily one of the weakest in the last 30 yrs. Defensively.....it's a real struggle. Pitching has been helter skelter all season.
  17. I think the odds are high that Belfry falls to 2A at the next realignment. Not by choice....
  18. Frankie Smith is from Belfry. 1983 Graduate. Excellent coach
  19. I have to say.....I think this is a bad idea. Too much travel. I would much rather completely eliminate the 4th seed team. Heck....I would go ahead and eliminate the 3 seed as well. Just the top 2 teams advance. Attendance is poor in those games....regardless who's playing.
  20. High Administration Level Meetings.
  21. I hope you're right......but......it's definitely being discussed. I know that for a fact.
  22. In the next 15 years....the entire landscape of high school athletics will change dramatically IMO. I think you're going to see a drastic reduction of sports that are offered. Regarding football....not only is freshman ball dying (practically dead now)....but JV will also go by the wayside. However....football is not the only sport that will experience the downsizing. Don't be surprised to see sports that have mulit-layered teams ( football, basketball, baseball, maybe soccer) be drastically reduced....and at some point....may be eliminated all together. The overall cost is becoming too great (liability insurance, transportation, equipment,etc, etc)....along with other social issues that are working their way into our school systems. In 20 years....IMO....from what I'm hearing......high school athletics could be a thing of the past.
  23. I've been involved in a few coaching hires.....it truly comes down to timing. Who's available....who's interested. You spend a tremendous amount of time and effort trying to make the best potential hire for your particular situation. All I'm saying is that a bad hire...or in this case...an ill-timed change of heart....can have an impact not immediately realized.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.