Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Henry County

Featured Replies

  • Author

Tough sledding last year for the Wildcats. This one looks like quite a challenge for whichever coach steps up to the task.

Why is it open? Where'd the last HC go?

Will be very interesting to see what happens here. Henry has been on their proverbial heels ever since Graham pull the rug out from under them a few years ago. Very difficult district. Not sure what direction they'll turn to.

Will be very interesting to see what happens here. Henry has been on their proverbial heels ever since Graham pull the rug out from under them a few years ago. Very difficult district. Not sure what direction they'll turn to.
Not sure why Ray Graham decision to go to LCA has to do with HC not being a quality team right now. Can you explain?

I'm sure you know Ray had accepted the position at Henry Co. Then turned around and resigned to go to LCA. The timing put Henry Co in a very unfortunate situation...of which...IMO has negatively influenced the direction the program has taken.

I'm sure you know Ray had accepted the position at Henry Co. Then turned around and resigned to go to LCA. The timing put Henry Co in a very unfortunate situation...of which...IMO has negatively influenced the direction the program has taken.

 

That was like 7 years ago.

Will be very interesting to see what happens here. Henry has been on their proverbial heels ever since Graham pull the rug out from under them a few years ago. Very difficult district. Not sure what direction they'll turn to.

 

District and region are brutal.

I've been involved in a few coaching hires.....it truly comes down to timing. Who's available....who's interested. You spend a tremendous amount of time and effort trying to make the best potential hire for your particular situation. All I'm saying is that a bad hire...or in this case...an ill-timed change of heart....can have an impact not immediately realized.

I'll ask again. Where'd the last HFC go? Why did he leave?

I'll ask again. Where'd the last HFC go? Why did he leave?

 

His oldest son was a senior this past year; who was also their QB. I think him graduating had a lot to do with it. He wasn't forced out or anything; just chose to resign (he'd been the head coach for the last 6 years).

His oldest son was a senior this past year; who was also their QB. I think him graduating had a lot to do with it. He wasn't forced out or anything; just chose to resign (he'd been the head coach for the last 6 years).

 

Thats one way to look at it.

Thats one way to look at it.

 

What would be the other way? Forced out?

Thats one way to look at it.

 

Fire away.

 

I'm sure there might have been other reasons; there always are under the surface reasons that aren't always aired..that's just what I know.

 

One of the reasons I know that is because he personally told a few of us in a room about this time last year that the upcoming season was likely it (saying this coming off his best season there nonetheless).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.